When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3

 I'll be there

 And I know when I need it

 I can count on you like 4, 3, 2

 You'll be there

 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

 Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry

 I'll never let go, never say goodbye

 You know...

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3

 I'll be there

 And I know when I need it

 I can count on you like 4, 3, 2

 You'll be there

 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

 Ooooooh, oooohhh

You can count on me 'cause I can count on you.

Sometime during the song my sobbing subsided to just a steady flow of tears down my cheeks. I lifted my head off Louis’ chest just in time to see Niall walk into the lounge room. He gasped loudly and ran to my side, pulling me into a hug.

‘What happened LiLi?’ He asked. Obviously Lou hadn’t told him yet.

‘Umm… I... err… well’ I said before bursting out into sobs once more. I could vaguely hear Louis explain to Niall what happened and Niall’s slightly violent retaliation, but it was all very distant. I felt another air of arms wrap around me from behind me and I fell asleep like that.

A few hours later I was abruptly woken up by loud yelling in the hallway.

‘Save it Harry. He doesn’t want to see you’ Louis yelled angrily. My heart jumped into my throat and my breathing accelerated. I know I’m supposed to hate him and all right now but I had to see him just once more. I got up off the couch and gingerly made my way towards where the yelling was coming from.

‘Please, Louis, just let me explain to him what happened!’ Harry yelled, his voice cracking at the end. I walked into the hallway and I saw Harry standing there with tears streaming down his face, but yet, he still managed to look so god damn perfect. In my peripheral vision I could see Louis with his arm wrapped around Niall’s shoulders in a protective manner but also ready to hold Niall back if need be, because Niall almost had steam coming out of his ears.

‘Well then Harry, what’s your explanation’ I said trying to make my voice sound hard and cold but I honestly don’t think it worked very well.

‘Well after you walked out I was sitting on my bed trying to get the energy to get out of bed when Caroline knocked on the door. I opened the door and she pushed past me, and into my dorm before even saying hello, and walked down the hall to my room like she owned the place. I walked in after her and she started trying to flirt with me, failing I might add, and when I told her I was taken she said to me, and I quote ‘but that just makes everything more fun’ and she pushed me onto the bed, and let me tell you she is REALLY strong, and she started kissing me. That’s the exact moment that you walked in the door. If you walked in like 2 seconds later, you would have seen me push her away’ he said still with tears streaming down his face. I contemplated for a second before I made my decision.

‘I hope you realise it’s gonna take a hell of a lot for me to forgive to Harry’ I said.

‘Of course Li. I’ll do anything’ He pleaded. I looked over at Lou and Niall to get their opinions. Louis just shrugged at me while Niall was too busy glaring at Harry to give me an opinion. I sighed pulled at my hair in frustration. I love him but how can I know that he’s telling the truth?