"Yes, well I went for a long walk and I'm back. Now may I have my dinner in peace?"

I blinked at my food and then turned to look at him. He stared back at me, waiting with that familiar proud expression. I grabbed my bowl. "Right. Sorry to bother you, your highness." I gave him a mock bow and turned to walk away.

He reached out suddenly and grabbed my wrist. "I knew I shouldn't have let you off so easily last night. Do I need to teach you a lesson?" I looked up into his eyes and saw the cold anger there. He was serious.

"Do I need to kick you out?" I tilted my head. "Let go of me. I'll be in my room until you chill out."

"You will not tell me what I should do. Do you question my words? Have I lied to you?"

"Yes." His eyebrows shot up. "You lied about the nightmare and about your walk. I trust you Loki but don't make me question that. Now back off. I dunno what I did but I'm sorry I offended you. I forgot, you don't know what it's like to have people worry about you just because they care."

He glared at me but his hand relaxed slowly. He let go. "Leave me."

I stared up at him, my heart racing and my mind blanking in shock. Was he seriously going to act like this? It was downright childish. "Okay, buddy. You be mad at whatever."

"I'll not tolerate your attitude, pet. I suggest you correct it."

I smiled to myself, rolling my eyes. He could be mad all he liked. I didn't do anything and I wasn't going to worry about it. We could talk like adults when he'd gotten off his high horse. Shrugging, I went to my room. I was almost tempted to slam the door but there was no sense in aggravating him any further. I closed it softly and turned on the tv.

By the time I had finished eating, Loki was still upset about everything and nothing. I heard him slam something down. He barged into the room and grabbed his sweats and t-shirt before stomping to the bathroom. I ignored him until he came out of the shower.

"Yo, what's gotten into you?" I frowned. I muted the tv.

"You have!" He spat, turning on me. Instinctively, I shrank into the pillows. But I cursed myself and stood, not wanting him to think he could just scare me into silence. This wasn't how our fights worked. He'd hear my piece and I'd hear his and then we'd compromise when we calmed down. But there was nothing to fight over! He was just angry over nothing!

"You changed me," he continued, "made me weak! I am no longer the man I once was and I cannot allow that to continue."

"You're a better man." I shook my head. "Isn't that what you wanted?"

"At first, yes. I thought that was what I wanted. But I was wrong. I wanted someone to simply give me the power I needed to become the king I need to be. I can rule and rule well."

"Rule what? You can't get back to Asgard!"
I pointed to him. "You said Odin would punish you and you didn't want to go back for that. I thought we were finally over this!"

"I will not discuss my plans with a Midgardian such as you!"

I clamped my jaw tight and pulled my arm back, swinging it forward. His hand shot up and caught my wrist. His green eyes narrowed and flashed before he swung at me. I ducked, gasping. I tore away from him. "You tried to hit me."

"Yes, after you tried to hit me."

"You deserved it!"

He stepped forward. "You insolent little-"

"Stop it!" I gasped. Tears pooled in my eyes but I dashed them away angrily. "Jesus. What the hell is happening to you? You're acting like a completely different person."