5. Correcting The Wrong

Start from the beginning

He won't let her leave him. Not at all. But where is she? Is she fine?

He left his room and went downstairs but found none. He saw Payal in kitchen working alone.

"Payal.."

"Ji Arnav ji! Do you want something?" She asked politely.

"No! Where is Khushi?"

"I don't know Arnav ji! She is not in home. She is behaving strange after marriage. She isn't like my sister Khushi anymore. Is everything alright between both of you?" She asked him.

Arnav was startled for a moment. He and Payal do not have a bonding. She is a very shy, reserved, nice girl. Exact opposite of Khushi.
But now she asked him as Khushi's elder sister. Without hesitating. This is not a everyday sight.

"Hmm... everything is fine! Don't worry! She will be back to normal soon." He said and came out of kitchen.

'Where are you Khushi?' His heart cried.

'Don't worry! We will find her. Where will she go? She can't go back to buaji's home because they won't take her in. She is not here. Then you will find her in temple only.' His mind consoled.

'Oh! Just shut up! Everything wrong is happening because of you. What do you think? She don't have any other place to go. If you think so, then you are a fool. She can leave and maybe she will. Just take a back seat now. It's my work from here on.' His heart scolded.

"We don't know where she is. But for the first time this mind has said something right. There is a possibility. Let's check the temple." His heart said.

He went to his room and grabbed his SUV's keys. He turned around to find Khushi standing there.
Anger filled his nerves. Where was she till now? Is it the time to return? It's half past eight. Time for dinner.

He marched towards her fuming. Shutting the door with a bang and he pinned her there.

"WHERE WERE YOU TILL NOW?" She was scared at first but composed herself. He is again thinking wrong of her.

"I didn't go to meet Shyam ji" He left her arms as he understood what she is thinking.

'Not her fault!' His heart said.

"You just come with me. I will prove it to you that I am innocent. I am not playing any victim card. I. Am. A. Victim!" He kept staring at her.

"Come with me Arnav ji! Please! I am NOT a homewrecker. I am NOT characterless!" Her voice choked at end.
He cursed himself for saying such things to her.

"Khushi... I know you are innocent now." He said, in a very polite tone. Which is reserved for his Di.
She looked at him, surprised. He knows. Now.

"Khushi..... I.... I am-" She cut him in middle.
"Sorry? You are sorry now! Great! Just great!" She pushed him. He reeled back and balanced himself. Rage was clearly visible in her eyes.

"First kill the person with your knife like tongue and then ask sorry! Wow! What have you thought of me? Am I your punching bag? You are not sure of your feelings and matters and make me suffer for them! Why? Is this my punishment for falling for a monster like you?" She shouted and then covered her face with her palms.

Falling for? Did she just confessed? He was shocked by her words.

"Khushi I-" He came forward and touched her elbow, but she shoved his hand away.

"You. Are. Not. My. Husband." She said, chewing every word.
"This is just a contract which you made to punish me. But now, when you know the truth, please free me. This is suffocating. Everyone is thinking so wrong of me. Just because of this stupid contract." She said, in a helpless tone in the end.