A TEENAGE DREAM COME TRUE

"Will you marry me?"

Huh? Wait, what? What was going on? Winter's eyes grew wide and she sprinted from the garden to her bedroom in the palace. There, she sat and took in deep breaths. She had no idea what was happening with her today.

Winter had always wanted to have a typical earthen date with Jacin. She had mentioned it a lot when they were younger and now that they were together and the political status of Luna was a little stable, she couldn't stop fantasizing about her perfect date.

She thought Jacin was not paying attention anymore to her constant babbling, or so he showed. She never had guessed that he was planning one for her all along.

So, that day, when she woke up, Jacin was lying beside her, gazing at her adoringly.

"Rise and shine, trouble. I see you have already done the latter." He said, getting up and opening the window to let in fresh air.

"Compliments so early in the morning? I must still be dreaming."

He turned towards her and one corner of his mouth lifted up. He rolled his eyes and said, "Hilarious," he held up one finger at her and said, "I'll be right back."

He exited the room and came back with a tray of tea and cookies.

"Did you make those?" asked Winter.

"Mmm hmm." He nodded.

"As I recall, today is no special occasion. What are these for then?"

"Well, we do have a long day ahead today."

"Hmmm?" Winter had sprang for the cup of tea the moment he had kept the tray in her lap and was now halfway through her cookie, too busy to listen to him.

He chuckled, "We are going on a date today."

"We are?" she asked around a mouthful of cookie.

"That too a typical earthen one."

She took a sip of her tea, "You arranged one for me?"

"Well, technically yes. Though I personally too wanted to go on a special date with you. Because if there is someone I'd spend my whole day with, it is you."

She smiled warmly at him, "Jacin..." then grew excited as the whole impact of their conversation hit her, "Wait," her eyes grew wide, "Does this mean I finally get to live my teenage dream?"

"Yes." He chuckled.

Her jaw dropped and keeping the tray on the bedside table, she sprang into Jacin's arms, "Oh my God Jacin, I love you!"

He hugged her back, "I love you more."

Their day had started when Jacin took her to the Rampion. When Winter asked how he managed to get it when Thorne and Cress needed it so much at that time to distribute the antidote for Letumosis, he said he had given them a substitute for the day.

"I can't imagine Thorne being very enthusiastic to part with his Rampion." Stated Winter.

"He was not," answered Jacin, "but one cannot deflect the fact that Thorne is a sucker for love."

"My my, Sir Clay, when did you become so clever?"

He just smirked down at her. Winter was sooo excited!

The date had gone perfectly!!! They had gone for a picnic in a beautiful park, where they had scones, cakes, sandwiches and, of course, her favourite sour apple petits. Then, they had gone to a movie, where they had popcorn, coke, ice-cream and everything else that Winter preferred. This was followed by a trip to an amusement park, where they went on the Ferris-wheel, went go-karting, mounted the merry-go round and all those typical rides. Winter laughed all the time, delighted. They even got their photos clicked in the photo booth.