18. Wrong Idea

Magsimula sa umpisa

I took the lid off the jar, and took out two cookies. Of course, as a Mother, I must taste the cookies before I let my children eat them. They could be poisonous. I'm only looking out for my precious children. I easily popped one of the cookies into my mouth, chewing it carefully. Delicious.

I cleaned up all the cookie items, such as flour, sugar, chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla extract etcetera. I climbed onto the counter to put the flour on the very top shelf. Then I placed the sugar on the shelf beside it. Once everything was clean and tided up, I went back to the sofa to relax.

I picked at my white sofa, while Ellen talked with Jennifer Lopez. I pulled out my iPhone went it vibrated. It was a text-message from the one and only Niall Horan. It read: Madison wants to come home cuz she is feeling sick. I will drive her home. I replied: Okay, thx Niall. See u soon.

After that, I went onto twitter, and followed back a few fans. My phone vibrated again, indicating another message. I tapped the iMessage icon, and waited for the message to load. When it finally loaded, I was able to see that it was from Liam. I gasped quietly, shocked that he finally replied.

My brown eyes quickly scanned over the five-line long message, heart-rate accelerating with each word I read. This message is going to determine the kids' and my futures. It determines whether the kids have an involved Father in their lives. This is a very important message. My eyebrows slowly furrowed, and my face scrunched into a sad expression when I finished reading the message. It read:

I just can't do this. I'm so sorry. I know this is hard... I'll always love you But there's someone else I can't get off my mind. I just can't deal with us at the moment

That's the moment when my heart shattered.

Liam.

I've been thinking a lot over the past couple of weeks. A whole lot. I think I want to be back in Danielle's life, but I don't want to give up Olivia. I know Danielle won't let me be with the kids if I still have Liv by my side. I think Olivia and I have to take a short break. Then Dani will let me back into the children's lives. Our* children's lives. Then, after I'm back in the kids lives, Olivia and I will stop taking a break.

I slid my iPhone out of my pocket, and opened the iMessage app. I sat down on my edge of the sofa while I thought about what I should say in the message. I'm not going to let Liv know about my plan, but I'm sure she'll catch on. She's pretty smart. Finally, I decided on this.

I just can't do this. I'm so sorry. I know this is hard... I will always love you But there's someone else I cant get off my mind. I just can't deal with us at the moment

When I felt satisfied with the message, I read it over to check for any errors. When I fixed all the spelling mistakes, I began typing in Olivia's number. When I was about to select her contact, my front door knocked. I quickly hit Olivia's contact, and hit send. Then I closed the app and turned off my phone.

I sat up and walked towards the door, pulling it open. It was a 40-ish year old man. "Hullo," He said, nodding slightly. "Hi..." I trailed off, furrowing my eyebrows. "Are you Alexander Ryan?" He asked, cocking his head to the left. I stared at his dapper grey suit and clean-shaven face as I shook my head.

"No... I think you have the wrong apartment." I told him, leaning on the wooden door-frame casually. "Oh, well I'm sorry to have bothered you, sir." He apologized, nodding again and turning around. "No problem," I replied awkwardly, standing up straight and closing the door behind him.

That was random and odd... Oh well. All that matters is that the message went to Olivia, and now I can try to re-build a relationship with my children.