You turned to Osamu and you're expectations were met.

His pupils dilated and his expression brightened overall.

"We don't mind. We'll go with you guys." You answered for Osamu as well.

You continued to walk for a bit, into the busier parts of town. The tall lamps lit up the streets, guiding you to your food.

"Onigiri stand!" Hiromi blurted out and pointed to the street vendors booth.

You all veer towards it and your mouths begin to water. The delicious smells of the different flavours filled your nostrils.

You opted for Umeboshi (pickled plum) onigiri. Osamu couldn't decide and asked you for help. He pointed to all the kinds he did like and wanted to eat, so you chose a few for him.

"How about Ebi Mayo (shrimp and mayo), Konbu (konbu seaweed) and Ikura (salmon caviar marinated in soy sauce)." You suggested.

He stared at each and nodded happily. Osamu took out his wallet and got out the required amount of money. He handed it over to the vendor and began to devour his rice balls. Atsumu and Hiromi were the last to pick their onigiri.

There was a bench just a few steps away from the booth, so you sat down. Osamu who was busy savouring the flavour of his first onigiri, barely noticed you move. After finishing the rice ball, he looked at you. Contently, he headed for the spot right next to you. He plopped down comfortably.

Minutes after, Hiromi headed towards you two, Atsumu slowly following after. She took a bite of her rice ball and made a face of delight.

"Hey Samu, you wanna try mine? This is one of the flavours you don't have." She asked.

"Uhhhh....I'm good." He replied.

You looked to your side to study his face. You were beyond surprised when you caught the faint blush on his cheeks. His expression was monotone, but the pink tint was enough evidence that he certainly was not a-ok.

Is Osamu actually flustered right now...?

"Wha?! Samu, you've never turned down food before. Are ya sick?" Atsumu commented.

"Yeah Samu, Are you feeling unwell?" Hiromi chirped up.

"No, I just don't want anymore." He retorted.

"If you two are done, let's head back. Y/N and I are tired." Osamu added.

Osamu grabbed your blazer sleeve and dragged you along with him. Your feet scrambled to walk at the pace he suddenly stepped to. You frantically looked back at Hiromi and Atsumu. They had shock visible on their faces. Hiromi had her onigiri hovering in front of her mouth, as if she was frozen in place. Atsumu's brows raised higher than you've ever seen them go. However, he appeared to be chewing on his rice ball normally.

"Are we just...going to leave them?" You asked worriedly. You looked up awaiting his reply.

"They'll be fine. They've gone home with us way further behind them, they won't mind if we ditch them for once."

"But....but,"

"Aren't ya tired?" Osamu paused hesitantly. His eyes traveled to the side to look at you and you nodded.

"Earlier, Tsumu wasn't thinking properly. Whatever he was thinking about must've really bothered him. So much so that he would lose control like that." He continued, brows furrowed and face sullen.

"I-It's fine! Really! I mean, you were there to protect me." You blurted out, turning red. You thought about what you said and quickly looked away. 

You heard him make a surprised "hm?" and felt his eyes on you. Your cheeks were hot and the same shade as strawberries.  Maybe you shouldn't have said that.

You were brought out of your thoughts at the sound of him exhaling in a light laugh. You slowly turned to face him. If anything, doing so made you even more flustered. 

His lips were curved into a soft smile. His hand reached out and patted your head. 

"Yeah, you bet I was."

The warmth of his palm on the top of your head was a cozy feeling. You looked down, embarrassed. He always treated you like a sister. Looking out for you, helping you, warning you and beating the shit out of Atsumu if he ever hurt you.

And you too. You saw him as a friend, a brother even. But something right now, felt different. At the time you wouldn't have known it. But this feeling would be the start of something new.