Wedding Planning: The Music

Start from the beginning

"We want you to be in charge of the music"

Eleanor gasped as her fork slipped from her hand and landed on her plate with a clank. "Really? You must be joking with me"

"Of course we're not joking with you, silly" Willy said to her. He giggled at her and then his face stiffened to a serious expression. "We're being very serious"

"So, you two want me to be in charge of all the music?" Eleanor asked again.

"Well, only if you want to" Rose said. "We just figured, you're real talented with the violin..."

"She's talented with other instruments too!" Tina spoke up. "Piano, guitar, flute, cello, the triangle. You name it, and she can play it!"

Stan also decided to brag about his daughter's musical talents. "Our El is quite the musician. See that shelf over there?" He turned around and pointed to a shelf full of trophies, ribbons and awards. "All those were won by Eleanor"

"Oh, this is so embarrassing..." Eleanor groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

"What do you say, Eleanor?" Charlie asked. "Will you do it?"

"Absolutely, I will" Eleanor answered. She opened her mouth to say something else, but then closed her mouth just as quickly, shaking her head as well.

"What is it, Eleanor?" Rose asked.

"It's a silly idea" She muttered.

Willy laughed as he shook his head. "There's no such thing as a silly idea! All silly ideas are the best ideas"

"Okay then" Eleanor said and then she asked her question. "Do the Oompa-Loompas know how to play any instruments by chance? If I'm going to be playing at your wedding, I'd like a band of Oompa-Loompas"

"That's a wonderful idea!" Willy said excitedly, clapping his hands. "What do you think, starshine?"

"It is!" Rose agreed. "The Oompa-Loompas are talented musicians"

Willy then added on. "You can come to the factory tomorrow and start arranging things with them. They'll be really excited. They like to perform in front of an audience"

Eleanor grew an excited grin. "I'll definitely be there!" She then let out an excited squeal. "This is gonna be so much fun!"

******

After lunch, the three of them decided to stick around for a bit. Charlie was with Tina and Stan in the living room. They were playing a fun tune on the piano and singing a song to it. It's clear where Eleanor's musical talents came from. Rose and Willy stayed with Eleanor in the kitchen. She was showing them a scrapbook filled with her and the many instruments she's played over the years.

"When did you learn to play so many instruments?" Rose asked.

"Oh, I don't know" Eleanor said with a shrug. "My dad used to be in a rock band and my mum used to be in an orchestra. I guess music is just in my blood"

A particular picture in the album caught Willy's attention, mostly because it was Eleanor with an instrument he had never seen before. "Ellie, what's this one called?" Willy asked, pointing to the long instrument resembling a tube.

"Oh, that's a didgeridoo" Eleanor answered.

"Didgeridoo" Willy repeated. An amused giggle came out of his mouth. "That's fun to say!" Rose giggled with Willy as she held onto his arm and leaned against him.

Eleanor smiled at both of them. It was easy to see that they were so in love with each other. Now, one of Eleanor's flaws was that she was a nosy person, especially when it came to relationships. Curiosity got the best of Eleanor so she couldn't stop herself from asking. "What are your plans for after the wedding?"

Rose looked over to Eleanor. "I don't know. Carry on with life as usual, I suppose. The only difference is that we'll be married"

"No, no. I mean, what are you going to do after the wedding?" Eleanor asked again with a raise of her eyebrows.

Willy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "We're not following what you mean, Eleanor"

Eleanor knew that hinting at it wasn't getting anywhere. So, she had to be straightforward. "Are you two planning on having your first time together on the night of your wedding?"

Rose and Willy both fell incredibly silent. Both of them knew what she had meant. They tried to meet each other's eyes but they couldn't. Getting intimate with each other was something that they hadn't discussed.

Eleanor realized that she had went too far by asking and her face dropped. "Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked" She could hear her mother calling for her. "Mum wants me. Please, excuse me" Eleanor left, leaving Rose and Willy alone.

There was silence between the two of them, before Willy broke it. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Rose looked at him. "About what?"

"You know..." Willy paused as he shifted in his seat. "It "

"Oh, that" She looked down at her hands which were folded in her lap. "Would you want to?"

"Of course I would" Willy admitted shyly, a smile forming on his face and a blush coming to his cheeks. "But only if you want to"

Rose looked up again, giving Willy a loving smile. "I would" She reached over to place hand on his cheek. Willy closed his eyes and nuzzled into her hand. "I love you, cocoa bean"

"I love you too, starshine" They both leaned in, connecting their lips in a passionate kiss.

Neither of them noticed Charlie or Eleanor standing in the doorway, watching them with smiles on their faces. "You must be really happy that they're getting married" Eleanor said to Charlie.

"Very" Charlie said. He looked up and noticed the deep-in-thought look upon Eleanor's face. "What are you thinking, Ellie?"

"Your sister and future brother are giving me an idea for a song" She explained.

"You write songs?" Charlie asked curiously.

"From time to time" She looked down at Charlie. "I want to surprise them with the song at their wedding. That means you can't tell them"

"Your secret is safe with me" Charlie assured. Eleanor thanked Charlie with a hug. She then walked back into the living room, humming a tune that popped up into her head. Charlie had no doubts that it was the song Eleanor was going to sing for Rose and Willy.

Charlie reached into his pocket and pulled out the wedding to do list that Rose entrusted him with. He found a pen and checked music off the list. That only left a few more things to do. All that was left now was decorations, food and the cake, and the floral arrangement for Rose's bouquet.