"fine, but only for you"

A/N: This chapter might be a little longer than others :p Also I guess this story is kinda namjoon-center, so like- it's from his point of view but it's in third person. I haven't proof read it so sorry for mistakes in advance. 

Let's just say, the ride to the grocery store was excruciating for Namjoon. Jungkook wouldn't stop switching the songs on the radio every five seconds. Namjoon wasn't annoyed by at it at first, until Jungkook had plugged his phone up to the radio and began playing "Expensive Girl" and Namjoon had turned the radio off altogether, as well as being flustered. Now they were in the grocery store, Jungkook tugging on Namjoon's hand for him to hurry and catch up with him as they strolled down the aisle. "C'mon, hyung!" The youngest cheered, pulling the leader along as his eyes scanned the shelves for the sacred banana milk. Namjoon found himself staring at Jungkook's concentrated face, obviously looking determined to get his hands on this banana milk if it were the last thing he'd ever do. In all honesty, he looked kind of cu-  "Hyung, help me look!" Jungkook says, almost too loudly, breaking Namjoon from..whatever was that was. "I'm looking, Jungkook-ah, I'm looking." said the leader, looking the shelves, but his eyes always found themselves back onto Jungkook. What was it about him..? Namjoon hummed. "Let's get a kart, Jungkook." he says, going off to find one, Jungkook still having hold of his hand. "Only if you'll push me." replies the maknae, trotting behind the leader who had scoffed at him. "Whatever, Jungkook." 

Namjoon pushed the kart around with Jungkook in it, the two of them honestly looking like two little kids (well, Jungkook was), but Namjoon couldn't care less. As long as his maknae was happy. He admired the way the youngest's eyes sprakled with excitement as he rode around in the small kart. How he laughed every time Namjoon would speed it up a bit more, and how he'd smile when he thought he saw the banana milk and then pout when he realized it was something different. It really did something to Namjoon. 'Made him want to hug him forever, but Namjoon wasn't as much of a touchy affectionate person. He was really shy about it most of the time. There were a lot of things that he enjoyed about Jungkook, actually. He liked that Jungkook would sometimes hold his hand, hug him, pat his head, and even ride on his back. Namjoon really felt like maybe he liked Jungkook a little more than he- "Hyung! There! It's there!" cheered Jungkook, the sparkle in his eyes flickering once again as a child's eyes would, his outburst cutting Namjoon off from his thoughts. "Ah, I see, Jungkook." The leader chuckled at the youngest's over-excitement, having to rush over and get said banana milk before Jungkook got impatient. That was it. Namjoon wanted Jungkook to always be happy. He wanted to give him everything. The whole world if he could. 

The ride back to their apartment was as normal. Jungkook pointing out the window to show Namjoon some flowers, Namjoon responding "I'm driving, Kook", and Jungkook saying "oh" and doing that little giggle that totally didn't make Namjoon's heart explode.

"Hyung, I love you." 

Namjoon grips the wheel tighter. He--tenses. Why is everything so heavy all of a sudden..?? 

He only means it formally, Namjoon. What are you worked up over? He noted mentally. 

"Love you too, Jungkook-ah." replied Namjoon, eyes glued to the road. "Good to know." spoke Jungkook softly, making Namjoon almost stop the car. He felt himself grow anxious (?) as he glanced over at the youngest for the smallest second when they were at a red light. The leader tried to stop himself from asking but his curiosity was eating at him. "What is that supposed to mean?" He asked slowly, suppressing himself from faltering over his words. Jungkook peered back at him, his dark eyes boring into Namjoon's with the purest of innocence, making Namjoon want to break out into a smile right then. He was just so fucking cute, it was unbearable. "What do you mean, Hyung?" questioned Jungkook, occasionally glancing at the light to make sure it didn't change because Namjoon didn't seem to be paying attention. "Why is that good to know?" The elder asked, staring directly into Jungkook's dark orbs.