𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

James wandered aimlessly around the castle. He'd lost Peter at some point during the day, though he hadn't realised, Remus had disappeared and he'd not seen Sirius since breakfast. He knew Genevieve was in the library but didn't want to bother her, as she was very snappy when she was stressed.

He was completely baffled about how he had somehow been abandoned by his whole friend group.

His eyes fell onto Lily Evans in the courtyard, sitting with Snape. He was really tempted to go and bug him but decided against it, really wanting to find one of his friends.

Walking over to her, he noticed Lily's eyes narrow instinctually. "What do you want Potter?" She asked, snark lacing the question.

James held his hands up in surrender. "Chill out Evans, I'm not here to irritate you." He assured her. "I was wondering if you'd seen Genevieve or Sirius or even Remus."

"And not Peter?" She immediately inquired.

James shrugged. "Wherever the others are, he's probably found them." He answered honestly.

Lily sighed, really wanting James to leave her and Severus alone. "I haven't seen Remus or Black. Last I saw of Genevieve, she was in the library trying to understand her Astronomy work." She explained to him. Thanking her quickly, James left them alone. Lily watched him run off in the direction of the library.

"You should've left him to figure it out on his own." Severus sneered, staring in the direction James had just ran in.

Lily sighed. "Sev, if I did that he wouldn't have left." She countered. "Just be thankful he's gone."

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

James found three of his friends in the library. Kicking Peter's foot, he sat in one of the chairs.

"You left me." He sulked, leaning against the table. "I had to ask Evans where you guys were."

Sirius turned to him. "I told you I was bringing Gen some food cause she hadn't eaten." He argued.

"I thought you were following me." Peter shrugged, uncomfortably. He didn't like being caught up in possible confrontation. James tilted his head, letting it go.

"At least I found you guys." He replied. "What've you been doing?"

Genevieve handed him her notebook. "Have a loo'." She answered as he began flicking through the many pages Sirius had helped her with. "Siri helpe' me a lo'. Thank ye again."

"Like I said, anytime." Sirius assured, closing the Astronomy book. "What time is it, James?"

"Almost time for dinner, that's why I was looking for you guys." His eyes didn't remove his eyes from the colourful pages.

"I'm hungry." Peter complained suddenly, his stomach growling loudly. Madam Pince shushed him a disgusted glare on her face. He cowered away from the scary woman, Genevieve smiling sympathetically at him. "Can we go, please?" He asked still looking in the direction Madam Pince had just been, worried that she'd suddenly reappear.

Genevieve held out her palm for her book. James smirked, placing it back in her hand. "Thank ye, Jamie. Le's go, I nee' fud." She stood, throwing the book in her satchel bag.

Sirius followed her first out of the library, the four of them running down to the Great Hall as quick as possible. James noticed Snape in his peripheral, deciding to mess with him along with Sirius, the pair knocking him to the floor as they ran passed him.