Chapter 5 | Turn Around

Start from the beginning

"Listen to me, okay?" He looked up at you once again, now with a more calmed expression, "Suna Rintarou was back in Hyogo. At least for now and the next few days."

"Alright... Then?"

"About our relationship," He swallowed a huge lump as you could see tears started to brim in at the corner of his eyes, "You are not mine anymore, my angel. Ah — you are not my angel. Not anymore."

You groaned as your mind started to wander once again, curious about why you would break up with him. From how he looked at you, you knew that he still loves you. So what kind of force that could possibly tear you apart from him?

Your eyes focused on the road as you sat there with silence. Practically just stared into space, following your boyfriend like a doll as he pulled the string. Kita was silent the whole time, being sus about where he was going to take you today.

There was not even music playing in the background, something odd since usually he had this playlist for driving that made him feel calm. Two and a half years could change someone, you stupid. You always remind yourself that he was not your boyfriend anymore, but you couldn't. Not when you felt like five days ago you still became one with him.

"Say, Shinsuke." He asked you to call him with his full first name, saying that since the two of you split up you always called him like that—and of course so his heart wouldn't crave to open up the old chapter of his life.

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you tell me the reason why we broke up?" His grip on the steering wheel tightened, but relaxed once again not long after, "And maybe tell me what the hell I have been through for the last two years?"

You needed some answer, some kind of explanation. It was as if he put you in the dark as days went by with you losing a big chunk of yourself. But his lips didn't part at all, though his eyebrows furrowed a little.

"I did tell you."

"When? Why didn't I remember anything then?"

"I told you two days after you were out of the hospital." The car turned into a quiet neighbourhood, one that you felt you were familiar with, "But before I finish talking, you passed out."

"Oh," You frowned at this, feeling so helpless and relaxed yourself on the passenger seat. He glanced towards you, letting out a long sigh with how frustrated you looked right now.

It was a sight that he never saw in four years of relationship that you shared with him. Not even once you looked this stressed at the point you wanted to cry. The most harried look he ever saw you was probably when the two of you decided about which couple mug to buy, or what movie that you were going to pick for the night.

"I called the doctor after that," With eyes still focused on the road, he opened up his lips to fill the silence — trying to at least distract you from your spiralling mind, "They said forcing information on you would hurt you more. I should do things little by little, talk things out subtly, taking you to places..."

"Like what you are doing now?" You turned your head to see him, listening thoroughly to the man that once(?) owned your heart.

He gave you a slight nod, "Where are you taking me, though?"

"You'll see. You'll see."

A little smirk (such a surprise) slowly appeared on his face. As if he was confident that this plan could at least recover some fragment of your faded memory.

You gazed towards the scenery outside, gasping at how beautiful the place you were in right now. The car rolled down to the sandy beach, so quiet that you thought it was a private place. Like the child you were, you unlocked the car keys by yourself and got down the second he parked.