Chapter 5 | Turn Around

Start from the beginning

But he gave up when minutes went by and there was nothing that popped on the notification.

Kita felt his breath hitch when he felt your hand tugged on his. A small whimper rolled from your lips, forehead scrunched up as if you were searching for something before your eyes finally flickered open.

Those orbs, looking back at his face like he was the only human on earth. He chuckled with relief when you eyed him softly, no panic evidence in your expression. The next second he stood up and cupped your cheek, planting a gentle, loving kiss to your forehead as the last tears that fell turned into droplets of joy.

You let out a chuckle, still the same sound of heaven that always put his heart at ease with how smooth it slipped from your lips. His body trembled a little, so you decided to slithered your hand on his hair, caressing it softly to calm him down.

"Did I make you worry?" Such a funny question coming from you, and he could only shake his head in disbelief with how cheery you were even after you just woke up from the dark slumber, "How can I be here anyway? Aren't we going on a date just now?"

"I am sorry, what?" He pulled away from you, scrutinizing the contort of your face to search for any evidence about you joking around.

But no, he couldn't find any as you now looked at him with the same confusion.

In the next instant he backed away completely and dashed outside, leaving you there to contemplate what was happening in front of your eyes just now. Just this evening, you remembered well about how Kita wanted to go to this seasonal market street.

You and him, hand interlaced to each other as the streetlight accompanied the two of you in the crowded area. He had this glimmer appear on his brown orbs when he saw a set of wooden cutlery, saying it would suit the house and added more aesthetic — bonus because you had taken a liking to it too.

So now you felt lost, you didn't remember that you drank a lot of alcoholic beverages that could make you pass out. You didn't remember anything about banging your head to a hard surface. You didn't remember anything.

You just remembered him.

Kita came back to you a few minutes after that, with still a panicked look that was visible even with his facade. With a doctor by his side, his gaze fell towards the doctor as they shared a meaningful look.

"Shin...? What is it?" You could feel your heart thumping a little bit faster than usual, afraid that something worse happened to you. Your boyfriend looked at you with guilt before he sat beside you, one hand cupping your cheek.

"I need you to listen to me, my angel." He whispered softly as his eyes never left your face, "Can you do that?"

You nodded, feeling the love radiated from him with how his thumb grazed on your skin, "Can you tell me where is Suna probably right now? And what is your relationship with me, maybe? If that is not too much for you." You blinked twice and thrice, feeling a lump on your throat as you tried to process his simple question.

"Rin in Tokyo of course, having a match if I am not mistaken. I told you that already. " He furrowed his eyebrows at your response. But you continued, "And our relationship? We are lovers, four years and thriving!"

He bit his lips once you completed your sentence, heads hanging low as he tried to search for the easiest way to explain the predicament.

Worry lingered on your face, eyes flickered in between your lover and the doctor who currently jolted down in fury about what happened in this room.