Prologue

The sun peeking through the curtain, wanting to remind you and the man who laid beside you that the new day had come. Yet you didn't care as the universe gave you the sign that it was time to get down from bed, and neither did he. Instead of pushing the blankets away, you ended up scooting closer to your lover.

"Ngh... Tickles."

You chuckled under your breath when he muttered groggily. He was sensitive around the tender skin of his neck. Sometimes it could lead to him being extra whiny, but sometimes it could turn the morning into something that was more heated than the sunrays.

"Sorry, sorry, you are just so comfy, Rin."

You answered truthfully, resulting in him to have this gentle smile on his face. He subconsciously pulled your body even closer, enjoying the serene morning with you in his arms. You loved it, when the temperature still dropped and yet you had him to turn the cold into a warm one.

"You sleep peacefully?" Your question filled the silence, and he simply gave you a hum before planting a kiss at the crown of your head, "I hope you do, you have a match coming soon and I heard from Komori that you have been pressuring yourself."

"It's nothing that my body couldn't handle, (Y/n)." He patted your head, but then stop when his mind suddenly played the memories that made him wake up in the middle of the night.

"Rin?"

"Shin..."

"Rintarou, love?"

He shook his head, trying not to remember whatever happened last night. Maybe it was just a dream, maybe it was just his insecurity trying to put him down like it always did.

"Yes, (Y/n)?"

"I love you, Rin..."

"Love you, Shin."

He gulped down, wrapping his arms around you even tighter than before. As if you would be slipping through his fingers if he didn't hold you tight. He finally got you, after years pining over each other, you were now belonged to him. 

"I love you too. So much."

And he didn't want to let you go.