chapter 1

it's around five p.m. and it's almost golden hour.

golden hour is the best time of the day. there's always golden hour here. no matter how rainy or cloudy. i make sure of it.

golden hour finally comes and it's so beautiful. the wonderful colored rays leak past the open curtains and through the blinds, creating gold lines throughout the room.

the lines find their way onto his face and light lines into his hair. the brilliant caramel color make his bright greens eyes even more vibrant.

he tucks a piece of his curly hair behind his ear. his hair falls down to just above his shoulders and frames his defined face.

this is why i love golden hour. he looks so peaceful. he's so beautiful. he's so golden.

he stands up from his sitting position on his bed. he walks up to the window and looks out of it. his eyes are teary, making them sparkle just a bit more. he bites the inside of his cheek and scrunches up his face a bit. a tear falls falls from his eye and rolls down his cheek and he closes his eyes. i don't want him to cry. i can't stand him being sad.

i think of how much i want him to be happy. i focus only on him being happy again. the golden color in the air gets a bit brighter and and lights up the room a bit more the longer that i think of it.

he opens his eyes and looks back out the window and then around his room. he seems to notice the slight brightness that now filled the room and he smiles a small smile. so small that you almost can't see it, but it's still there.

the golden that still covers his face makes the smile seem bigger than it was. i love his smile. ecspecially this smile. his golden smile.