A Sky Full Of Stars

“Did you manage to get the tickets?” Ye Ji asked, praying he did.

"No, I didn't. I'm sorry" Soo Hyun replied, hanging his head in defeat.

"It's alright. Don't worry about it. We'll try to get a resale or we will just attend the concert next time." Ye Ji tried to cheer her boyfriend up.

Both of them loved music and had similar taste in songs and artists. Coldplay was coming to Seoul and they had to get tickets to their concert. It was weeks ahead of planning and testing out the wifi speed and strength. Soo Hyun knew the difficulties of securing tickets, he had experienced it with IU's and BTS's concerts.

But knowing how much Coldplay meant to Yeji and to him, he desperately wanted to get tickets. Both Yeji and Soo Hyun were supposed to be trying for the tickets, they even cleared their schedule specifically for the ticket sales day. However, due to some mishap during a shoot, Yeji had to reshoot a scene so she had to attend to that. but it didn't mean she wasn't trying.

Yeji’s entire team was helping her when she was busy with the shoot and when she had a break, she was trying to get the tickets personally. It was sold out within 30 minutes and she felt despondent, hoping Soo Hyun at least managed to secure the tickets.

Her heart sank, seeing his reaction when she went to his house after completing her shoot. He could not hide his feelings as well in front of her and seeing his wistful smile she knew he felt worse that she won’t be able to see them than himself.

“I thought you said you were arriving in 20minutes?” Soo Hyun said, rushing to her as she walked into his house, she dropped all her bags and stretched out her arms.

He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up. Embracing her tightly, inhaling her intoxicating fragrance, as if to take her in by smell where he could not take her in by a passionate embrace. Her arms snaked around his neck, her fingers stroking his hair, he puckered up his lips for a kiss, making her laugh as she lowered her head and kissed him. He did not kiss her once, but stayed, kissing her lengthily as if he was withholding himself from moving down to kiss her cheeks, her lips, her neck.

He missed her, even though it was a few hours, he missed her terribly. He knew how hard she worked so he did not try to whine about missing her but he was hoping to give her the good news of securing tickets, but now he could not even do that.

He had to break the news to her that he did not get the tickets and he knew she would understand and not make a fuss over it. And she did react exactly as he imagined, no whining, no complaining just understanding. He was extremely blessed, but he was also determined to get the tickets somehow.

This was their first concert they actively wanted to try to attend and he was going to make sure it happened somehow. They even had their outfits picked out and a whole day’s itinerary.

“Don’t fret over it too much, let’s have dinner. I’m famished.” She said, her big doe eyes sparkling, she knew he could not resist her when she looked at him that way, making him laugh and blush profusely. “Come on, I bought dinner on the way.” She pulled his arm as they set up the table.

“How was the shoot today?” Soo Hyun asked, wiping the sauce off the sides of her face as she continued eating.

“It was good, there were some technical difficulties so we had to reshoot the scene where we planned out our investigation strategies. It was nice to see the cast and crew again though.” Ye Ji replied she was shooting a crime drama similar to Criminal Minds with Kang Dong Won and Kim Hye Soo.