"There's no reason to," mariing sabi ko. "I already cut them off from my life." 

I sipped on my tea again and looked away. Arah just nodded and dragged Francine, who was still shocked by the news, with her out of my unit. When the door closed, I sighed heavily and lightly hit my forehead against the wooden table, getting stressed. Saying that in front of the media... Was it the right thing to do? 

I was so careful and even used Haze as a cover-up because I wanted to protect Clyden's privacy and our history, but I ruined all of it by acting on my emotions. Clyden didn't even say anything about it before returning to the hospital. I was silent, too, because I felt scared. Did he get mad at me? 

"Tita-Ninang, are you okay?" Avrielle suddenly appeared in the hallway, hugging a toy. 

I gave her a smile and gestured for her to walk closer to me. She suddenly offered me the toy to comfort me, so I hugged it in front of her just to make her feel at ease. She could read my emotions clearly. I hugged her next and sighed on her shoulder, closing my eyes and feeling the warmth of being in her arms. 

"I love you, Tita-Ninang," Avrielle said, wrapping her arms around my neck. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

I forced myself to sleep that night, and Arah cleared my schedule for the week to avoid being seen in public while the issue was still fresh because the media would be all around looking for me. Pagkakaguluhan ulit nila ako at pipiliting magsalita. 

I checked the news again while cooking breakfast. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but I was still surprised to see other news. 

Samantha Vera and Clyden Ramirez almost got married! READ HERE. 

Iba-ibang headlines, iba-ibang take sa issue. I sat down and screamed just to get my frustrations out before covering my face again. I kicked my legs in the air, releasing my anger. I did this! I did this to Clyden! I dragged his family's name with me again, even when I tried so hard to avoid it the last time! What would his mom say about it?! 

The media started interviewing our close relatives and acquaintances, but all of them stayed silent. They tried to ask Haze about it too, but he just laughed it off and went inside the car, saying, 'I have more important business to attend to.' 

Good thing Yanna and Hiro were both out of the country, or else they would get interviewed too. Kalat na rin ang pictures namin sa amusement park with Avrielle. Netizens took it well because it had some 'kilig factor' for them, but I was really worried about the past being brought up again. My relationship with Clyden wasn't anything wrong, but what happened to us might have been taken wrongly by a lot of people, including his family. 

I can't fight his family. I couldn't. That was why I chose to let him go because his family was also important to him. Their reputation was important. A family in the medical field getting involved with me, the daughter of two criminals, would destroy their name. 

"Ah, I want to cry." I pressed my palms on my eyes to avoid tearing up.