二十四

Chapter Twenty-Four「Beauty」

Chapter Twenty-Four
Beauty

꧁꧂

"Goodness, we scored lucky with this one!"

The courtesan reached out her hands to cup (Y/N)'s cheeks, squishing and pinching them. Another ran her fingers roughly through the girl's (H/C) colored locks to feel their smoothness.

"She's a true beauty!"

The two courtesans focused solely on the girl whilst they ignored Tomioka and Tokitou at the sidelines, who were just watching the girl get pampered with compliments. They sat in silence as (Y/N) got increasingly annoyed with the women touching her.

"Hair like silk, skin untainted, body untouched—she will sure attract a number of men and profits!"

With that final comment, (Y/N) shoved both women off of her.

"You will not lay a finger on me," she glared at the two courtesans.

Just as they were about to protest, the House manager had came into the room to stop their loudness.

"I asked the two of you to clean these girls and introduce them to the House, not to cause a ruckus," she lectured them. "Prepare a room for them to sleep in for the first night before we make more arrangements," she commanded before walking off.

The two courtesans immediately followed their manager's orders and got straight to work.

The three Demon Slayers eventually ended up in a room with three futons for each of them to sleep in for the night. They were now alone since the two courtesans had left after preparing the room.

"Do you sense the demon, (L/N)-san?" Tomioka quietly asked with a hushed tone.

"Yes," she confirmed. She was sure the demon was in the same building, and she was also sure it was an Upper Moon.

"We'll strike in the morning so its movements are limited," Tomioka planned.

Tokitou showed no confirmation as he sat atop his futon. He stared constantly, and almost lazily up at (Y/N). The girl herself found herself reminded of Genya and Inosuke's constant staring as well.

"Do all you Demon Slayers have a problem with staring?" she asked, a tad vexed as she quirked an eyebrow up at the Mist Hashira.

"I tend to stare at pretty things," he shrugged lazily. "Like clouds," he added, suddenly staring out the window and to the sky.

She rolled her eyes at his unintentional compliment, but followed his gaze to the window. She knew Yuusuke, her childhood sweetheart, was spying on them from the outside. He always acted as her best friend: always concerned for her well-being, and genuinely cared. She could sense his familiar aura staring at the exact same window she was looking out of.