Tobias Hankel (Part 1) - Fluff/Dark

***This one is kind of long for a one-shot it's more of a story so I apologize for that***

Warnings: Slightly Spicy ;) Kidnapping, PTSD, CHILD ABUSE REFERENCES, MOLESTATION/RAPE MENTIONS

This is about the kidnapping with some major details changed about this episode and the show in general - partly because I don't remember and also because I don't like how the team handled everything (also no drug use)

Takes place after Tobias had Reid for about 12 hours, and the live stream of him being tortured had shown up on the computer screens. Morgan and Reid start as just friends with "secret" feelings for  each other.

Third Person POV:

*The BAU team was standing around a room and watching Reid being tortured by Tobias Hankel on a small computer screen*

Derek Morgan couldn't breathe.

Actually no one in the room could. It seemed like it had been hours since Reid had fallen backwards in the chair he was bound to, hitting his head on the cold, cement ground in the barn he was being held in. Looking through the computer screen they had been watching Reid from, the team could tell he wasn't moving or breathing.

Bile rose in Morgan's throat. He felt like crying, screaming, running, doing SOMETHING, but he was frozen to the ground in that seemingly too small room; standing just behind Garcia staring at the screen. His best friend, and more importantly, the guy he had secretly fallen in love with, since the minute he had walked into the BAU, fresh out of college with that ridiculously long hair spouting off some random statistics about the FBI,  was dead in front of him. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Even though it had felt like hours, realistically less then a minute after Spencer had fallen, Tobias was at his side; saving his life. When the team saw Reid take that first breath, relief flooded them, tears streaming down everyone's face; that is everyone's except for Hotch's (that man shows no emotion). Morgans knees suddenly buckled and he sank to the ground, grabbing onto Garcia's chair to slow his fall. JJ was instantly at his side, crouching down next to him making sure he was okay.

"I haven't gotten to tell him.....  we need to find him, I need to tell him" Morgan mumbled to nobody in particular.

Emily sadly smiled in his general direction, but didn't meet his eye, "don't worry we're going to find him Morgan."

Gideon surprised Derek by putting his hand on Derek's shoulder "he already knows kid, he already knows."

Derek looked up tears streaming down his face "I still need to tell him" he said, emotion thick in his voice.

For a minute nobody in the room knew what to say, Morgan showing this kind of emotion was highly unusual. He normally kept his feelings  to himself, never talking about all of the difficult experiences that the team went through with a job like this. They had never seen him break down like this and it was shaking for the team. They were used to him being the rock, the one expected to keep a level head. Garcia didn't even know what to do, he was her best friend, and yet she couldn't seem to find any words to say. 

Hotch spoke up for the first time after a while "he feels the same you know."

Derek was caught off guard by this remark, didn't say anything just looked at Hotch with surprise, almost masking the sadness, written on his face.

"What? we're profilers, how do you think we knew you were in love with him in the first place" Hotch explained. Emily extended Hotch's point "It's written on your guy's faces, the way you look at each other, the way you two interact, the small smiles shared, the inside jokes... how you protect him".