Chapter 2

*Matt’s POV*

            Tonight was our concert in Columbus, Georgia. I was always blown away with all the metal heads that showed up to our Georgia and Alabama shows. You would think there wouldn’t be thousands of them but there always were. We were about to step onto the stage in five minutes after our Opening Act, Asking Alexandria, was done with their last song. The music died down and they said good night. The audience screamed and I could see through the crack backstage that everyone was holding up their hands in a rock sign thing. The members of AA walked backstage and gave us a pat on the back for good luck.

            My band and I walked onto stage and everyone in the crowd screamed causing all of us to smile as we took our spots. We started playing the music to “Tears Don’t Fall” while the audience started to head bang as did us.

            After we sung most of the songs from our first and second album, we came to songs off the third. To me, our third album was our best one yet. “Bittersweet Memories” was our next song. This song always hits me right onto the soft spot of my heart because this song reminds me of her. The first and so far, only love of my life. Jessie. But if you loved her, why did you abusive her? My mind probed. I never understood the reason our relationship was never perfect. I wish I could take it back though.

            As I was singing the words, I felt like I was singing to her as if she was in the crowd. I glanced over the audience and my eyes made contact with electrifying hazel eyes that I recognized instantly.

            She’s here.