【Chapter one】

Y/n was currently running up and down a mountain preparing for her next mission. Overall she has done 20 ups and downs so far. Her grandfather would usually say "he's proud of me and that she was very strong for her age", but Y/n wanted to become even stronger. surprisingly yes the girl used Earth Breathing.. yes fire, water, and air. Y/n used two swords to get the job done faster.

Where she lived "girls are weak" to and it's dangerous out there to be a girl. Many people think that being a female is easy and they were used to clean up after their husband which is untrue. And because of others' opinions on females, Y/n had to disguise herself as looking like a male. Her hair would be tied up or somehow look short.

______________

"CAW CAW L/N Y/N L/N Y/N HEAD WEST HEAD WEST MANY DEMON APPEAR TO BE SEEN THERE! HEAD WE-!!"

"I got it!! please calm down!!"  Y/n yelled putting her hands in defense trying to stop her crow from busting her eardrum. The crow nods and flew away to let Y/n get prepared for her mission.

The [Color of hair ] haired girl ran down the mountain to go inform her grandfather about the upcoming mission and he wasn't too happy about her wasting time. "Okay, then what are you waiting for! You should be halfway there instead of talking to me!" he yelled waving his handing in the air.

Y/n quickly nods before running outside into the snow.
The crow leads her outside and the cold air immediately went to her throat. But luckily from training in the mountains, it didn't affect her as much. The girl put a red bandana around her face to block the cold air filling her nose and throat.

After 3 hours of heading west running nonstop, Y/n saw 4 demons circling one man. The man was wearing a haori, one side was pink-red, and the other part has green/orange/yellow squares. His hair was tied back but she couldn't see his face as much since he was facing away from her. A blow of strong wind came by blowing his haori around, and one thing Y/n noticed was the demon slayer uniform.

'They cannot afford to lose one of them...' Y/n thought she began to dash toward the male slayer and place her hands on her two swords with a strong grip before unsheathing them out.
"Earth Breathing Fifth Form: Fire Basin!": Y/n's swords lights on fire for a short amount of time and she can slice her sword through any hard areas. It's not one of the strongest but it gets the job done.

Since the area was surrounded by trees, Y/n took it as an advantage and jumped from tree to tree to gain more speed. Once she got closer she forced her body to spin and slice the heads of the two demons off with ease. From the snow it made Y/n slide a bit ut she managed to stick her landing. Fortunately, where she slid was beside the Demon Slayer... she got up from her kneeling position and looked behind her. There were only two more demons left to kill.

Y/n stepped in front of the Demon Slayer and took one step forward making the two Demons step back. Each step Y/n took forward both demons took a step back, getting annoyed Y/n ran quickly towards them both. One of the demons had a flute to control objects around the area.

Y/m quickly caught onto his "plan", the demon used his flute to carry a log and throw it at Y/n in an attempt to get away from her.

The girl leaped in the air and jumped onto the long " Earth Breathing Eighth Form: Primary Wind": Y/n's speed and strength increase, and the wind control the movement of Y/n's swords direction.

The demon was still controlling the log and attempted to throw it as far as possible but Y/n leaped off before it could. As she leaped off, the female threw one of her swords at the demon's body. The demons' body flew back to a tree with her sword inside of its chest. It attempted to escape trying to pull out the sword but the sword wouldn't come out. As Y/n was landing closer to the Demon she turned her body slicing off the head of the demon and rolled. Y/n turned her head a bit from her kneeling position and in the side of her eye, she saw the demon's body disintegrating. Finished with one demon, the other demon was gone. 'Did it escap-' but before she could finish her thought she saw the other demons' body disintegrating as well.

Y/n from the disintegrating demon to the demon slayer but back at the demon. 'He must've killed him...but I didn't even sense his movement..' Y/n thought.

"Who are you." a deep voice says. Y/n looked up to the demon slayer, he was a tall man with a muscular structure, his face was emotionless, his hair was tied back in a low messy ponytail, and his bangs covering some of his upper face structure. The males' eyes were sharp but thin.. they were dark blue but faded into light blue.

Inspecting his features Y/n stood there silently not answering his question, 'Should I answer his question or run? My heart is telling me to stay but my mind is telling me to run' Y/n thought

Y/n put her swords back into the scabbard and stepped close to him.

"I'm Y-" she tried saying but before she could a sharp pain hit her neck making her fall to the ground.

Not wanting to get into more trouble Y/n pretended to be blacked out, from her training Y/n's grandfather was an impatient man. So when she failed to learn how to do a certain form her grandfather was there to hit her behind her neck...let's say from making so many mistakes Y/n didn't pass out anymore.

_                           

Giyuu's pov

My crow told me that there were many demons in the West, and I gladly took the mission as the chance to get away from everybody. I ran towards where my crow was leading me it took 3 hours to get there but since there was a lot of time... I took it as an advantage to think about a lot of things. I was a bit worried Kanzaburo is old and tends to forget messages...he could be sending me to the wrong location.

It seems like he lead me in the right direction, I could sense some demons around the area. Four demons pop out and circled me, I already knew I could take them. getting my sword out ready to attack until I see a person dash towards us. I couldn't tell who it was but they were wearing a red haori, with a red mask around their face.

I also couldn't tell who they were it looks like a male? "he" jumped along with the trees and sliced the two demons heads off.. leaving two more left. "he" slid across the snow and quickly got up. "he" turned out to attack the other demons, I didn't wanna seem useless. I ran towards the other demon "Water Breathing Seventh Form: Piercing Raindrop: A fast and accurate stab. the fastest water breathing technique."

Slicing off the demon's head I quickly and looked at the... boy. he was very fast, he managed to kill the demon in the air and stuck his landing. Before he could leave I asked him "Who are you?"

He turned around his [Color of eyes] eyes behind the mask were studying me. He was inspecting every feature I had, and I didn't like that but I ignored the feeling. I could tell he was debating on running or staying, if he ran I already got into a position to run. he walked towards me and stopped just a few feet away from me.

"I'm Y/-" But before the male could finish someone hits him from behind I was getting ready to attack but it was just the Snake Pillar, Iguro Obanai.

I just glared at him giving him a look of 'why did you do that face.' He and I never really got along, he hates me for no reason.

"This person looked like a threat, and I also was sent here as well. Possibly a stronger demon here but I guess not..." he says looking at me than the boy on the ground.

"They weren't a threat, He killed the demons around the area before I could." I say looking at the "boy" on the ground.

I blinked a couple of times and the boy was holding obanai in a chokehold on the ground. I ran towards them and pulled off the boy. It was a little hard to make the boy let go of Iguro's neck, he had a good grip on his arm locking it around his neck. I grabbed him and he tried pushing me off him but failed to do so.

He was strong I even had a hard time holding him in place. Iguro coughed a couple of times and says"He w-was supposed to be knocked out from that hit." he says still trying to catch his breath.

The person spits on me causing me to let go of them to wipe my face, and they ran. I nodded my head to Iguro and he nodded back and we both ran off to chase them. The boy was fast but not as fast as me.

They would be a great demon slayer.  I could tell they weren't one, he wasn't wearing the uniform.

-

authors note: if you can't tell they think y/n is a boy!! okay this is a giyu x female reader

Edited on: May 14th, 2021.