•Chapter 2•

Aeron POV-
Tonight I have to attend a royal dinner with Princess Holle Elis. I've known her since we were quite young but we've drifted apart since. We're being forced to marry soon, and I have always been fond of Holle, but I just don't think we can get married. There's a legend about a curse set on 2 kingdoms, the princess and the prince have to kill each other. I know this curse was set upon Holle and I, but I have never told anyone and I'm not sure if she is aware of it. I have always had an urge to kill her and I know it's because of the curse. I 've always been better at accepting things then her and that has given me a head start, but there is one problem I can't find the dagger. This stupid curse is why we grew apart, once I found out that we were destined to kill each other I tried to stop hanging out with her. I was still young and killing her seemed like the worst possible thing that I could ever do. I didn't want to kill her, and I knew she must have the urge to kill me too and I wasn't planning on dying yet. Hopefully this dinner will be my chance to get this dagger and get rid of this stupid curse once and for all before things get out of my control.

***

Holle has arrived at the Maxwell's palace.

"Hello Aeron, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Holle greets him.

"It certainly has," Aeron replies, "it's nice to finally see you again."

"Yes."

"Why don't we go to the table, dinner should be about ready."

"Alright."

The two make small talk while they walk to the dining room.

"So how have you been lately?" Holle asked Aeron.

"I've been well, how about you?" Aeron questions.

"I've been alright"

The two sit down, and begin eating dinner. No one speaking.

Holle POV-
There it is again. Every time I'm near Aeron I feel so weird. I just have an inexplicable urge to kill him... It's not like I hate him, we used to be best friends! I know this sounds crazy but what if the legend is about me and Aeron? I hope it's not, because I don't want to have to kill him, but what other explanation is there!? Not to mention... I was given a dagger at birth, I found it odd, who would gift a baby a dagger? But it's all beginning to make sense now! I wonder what I should do? I have the dagger, should I kill him? Should I let him live?

Aeron POV-
Ugh that was the worst chat I've ever had to suffer though. Each time I'm around her, the harder it gets to be nice and polite around her. I just need to figure this out and find this dagger. I know it's close I can just feel it. I know I need to kill her, it's basically my instinct, I'm too skilled and smart to not find this dagger yet. The next opportunity I have to get away from this table and walk around, I am going to find this dagger and kill her and bring honor to my family. I need to kill her, I should kill her, it's what I'm made for, so why does part of me not want to?

*After dinner*

Aeron POV-
No... This can't be happening, you can't be serious. How is this even possible? I think I have a crush on her. I'm supposed to live, she's supposed to die, I'm the one built to kill and survive this. Yet for some reason, I have crush on Holle Ellis, the girl I'm destined to murder. Oh no.

Holle POV-
Ugh he's so arrogant and thinks he is so perfect. News flash Mr. Ego, you're not. Hes just so annoying and stupid and I could never live with him for my life. But then why does my stomach still feel full of butterflies when I'm around him like when I was young and naive. Oh-no... I thought that stupid crush I had on Aeron had dissapered years ago! You have got to be kidding me, I still have a crush on stupid Aeron Maxwell who I have to kill. I need to talk to him about this.

A/N: Hi! Here is chapter 2! We've been working hard on the other chapters and we have a few more written. We really hope you like it so far! Give us your oppinion and feedback! Your support means the world to us, thank you so much! -Mak💙