LIVING IN THE SHADOWS.

Hi, thanks for checking this out but I want to make it clear that this is a collection of my short stories and this particular one consists of only two chapters. So, enjoy.....

ElIZABETH TAYLOR was not feeling too well that night, the figures under the red-blue dim lights seemed to be dancing in the sky as they danced in accordance to the loud party music that pounded in Elizabeth's head. It seemed to her, as if someone had turned up the once loud music, into a louder one. The air was cold and it stunk of sweat, booze, vodka, vomit and even marijuana. She was tipsy to the extent she couldn't see anything clear again, despite the fact that she had her lenses on. Her eyes glanced through the party, she knew she was looking for someone but who exactly? - Her brain couldn't pick any longer.

She squirmed in her seat and then whimpered softly as the young man before her, grazed his fingers over her exposed thigh, taking any slight chances and opportunity to touch and grope her. He had even slipped his finger into her panties whilst she tried so hard to push him off and fight effortlessly.

She seemed to, at the moment, forget her main reason for being at the party, the only picture that floated through her head, was that of her bestfriend, Heather Mills, the red head, dressed like a barbie princess and lips shining like she had a drink of blood pleading with her to attend the teenage themed party her boss was throwing for his teenage brother who just turned eighteen at his hotel. She never wanted to attend, she hated the young billonaire with passion, he and his useless, man whore brothers.

But no matter how hard she scanned the room with her eyes, everyone and everything just seemed to bounce off the dancing floor, hitting her right in the face, in her wild imaginations, that is.

"You want some more drink? Refreshing, I promise." the man whispered, closing in the little space that was left between the both of them, and as his body touched her thigh, she could immediately feel something hard poke her, something really hard. Is it a remote? She asked herself, squinting in the process while throwing her gold, blonde curls back and away from her face.

"Have you got a remote down there?" She asked, in a pretty loud voice, her index finger poking at the man's trouser, giggling in the process. "Better be a remote, cause I could use a real nice television right now. Have you seen game of throne? I love that movie - I think I should really have starred in that movie. Sometimes I..." She burped loud, stopping her remaining sentence before giggling loud again, hopping down the bar stool. "Elizabeth wants more drink, drink! Drink! Drink! Drink!"

"Keep em coming," the man leaned over to the counter, whispering to the bartender who nodded immediately after.

Few seconds after, he slid a glass over to her and she was overexcited to pick it up, dipping her tongue first into the burning liquid, it tasted strong and nice but it burnt her throat too, real bad.

"Vodka?" She asked, looking up at the man dressed in tuxedo now seated himself in a seat next to her. It had to be Vodka? Or tequila? She didn't even know any brand of drink, it had always been none of her business as long as she always had to spend her time, making new clothes design for the fashion design company she worked for.

24years old and she was contented with what she already had - a snall, one room apartment she had bought with her money In her first year of saving half her salary every month. And also a Audi bronze car, her grandfather had given to her from his garage. No mother, no father, just Gideon - Her grandfather, who lived his life simple and easy going, and she had taken after him, feeding off her salary, getting clothes from a second hand shop or just garage sales - either way was fine as long as she gets to live in peace.