𝟖. 𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Ack!" I let out.

I landed on my hands and knees, my dress getting drenched and my face getting splashed with this icky puddle water.

"Yuck! Of course, just my luck." A small frown formed on my face but quickly disappeared once I realized. I stood up and wrung out my dress, hearing the drips of water trickle down back into the stupid slippery puddle. I shook my wrists off trying to air dry them so I could pick up my basket again. Once they finished air drying I took my belongings and went on my way...again.

As I'm walking back to the cottage, nearly out of the forest..my eye catches Y/N standing in the grass barefooted looking out somewhere. She suddenly looks me dead in my eyes and her face lights up, a big smile on her face. My face starts to get brighter aswell.

"Shinobu!" she shouts, running towards me at full speed.

"U-Uh, Y-N-" my eyes widen a bit seeing her still running, yet so close to me.

"W-Wait!" I say..a little too late.

Y/N knocks me off my feet, making me and her land on the ground, the items in my hands once again reaching the ground.

I sigh but look up to Y/N who still had a bright smile painted on her face.

"Shinobu!! I thought you left me! Well, you did, but! I thought you weren't going to come back! I missed you, why didn't you warn me beforehand!" her smile drifted to a frown.

"Ah, I didn't want to be a bother." I smiled to her.

Her face lit up again.

"Shinobu you're so thoughtful, I love you!" she blurted out. She lowered her body down onto mine and hugged me, her face in the crook of my neck.

"R-Really, you mean it?" I asked her, a big beaming blush on my cheeks and an 'o' shape on my lips.

I felt her nod.

I moved my arm to pat her head and said,

"Well, I love you too! What a coincidence!"

She moved her face to look at me, tears brimming her eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because, we haven't known each other that long, but you already return my feelings! I'm just so happy!"

I cupped her cheeks and gave a soft smile,

"Guess it was just love at first sight."

She faintly chuckled, "Yeah, I guess so!"

After we collected ourselves and went back in the house, Y/N got really clingy, not that it bothered me. I love her attachment to me, It makes me feel special.

Y/N pulled on the sleeve of my dress.

"Hm?"

"Shinobu! Let's go cuddle on your bed, okay?" The H/C girl asked me with a nervous rift in her voice. I closed the notebook that I was writing in and looked over to her.