10. What about Noah?

Start from the beginning

"Demons." Cameron voices out of nowhere.

"Huh?"

"Let's dress up as hot devils."

____________

The two are walking towards their next class shoulder in shoulder. Cameron is thankful that Alex has such a big mouth and can't stop talking because their conversations are taking Cameron's mind off that nerd.

He's finally relaxed and stopped thinking about what happened, but his good mood doesn't take long. As the two reach Alex's locker and the blue-haired boy starts rummaging through it, Cameron turns around to glance across the hall in boredom.

Cameron catches sight of the mess of light chocolate hair walking across the hall, and the huge glasses resting on his nose as his big brown eyes glance up.

But what actually steals Cameron's full attention are the bruises on his face and the purple around his eye.

The man clenches his jaw as Genny passes him. It's obvious that the boy noticed him, it's impossible since it's only them and two other girls in the hall, but clearly he's ignoring him, pretending he didn't see him.

But Cameron doesn't let it slide like that. He turns around, walking after the boy.

"Noah?" He asks trying to grab his shoulder.

But Genny shrugs him off, pretending Cameron is not there.

"What happened to your face?" He asks worriedly. "Geno?" He continues, trying not to sound too begging.

Seeing that Genny continues walking, not saying anything, not even looking at the man behind him, Cameron gives up with a sigh, watching as the small and curvy figure -covered in the baggy clothes- leaves his sight.

He's being ignored, but he deserved it.

       After turning the corner and not feeling Cameron following him anymore, Genny lets the facade slip away, and lets the grimace and tears show

He wipes his eyes, whimpering when the material of the sweatshirt scratches his bruise.

He needs to talk, he needs someone. And the only option is Andy, so there he heads.

It's gym class in 10 minutes, so Andy must be already in the changing rooms. The two meet there a lot earlier when no one is present so they can change in peace. Now, it's the perfect moment to be alone with his friend and cry on his shoulder.

With quick steps he walks in the room's direction, ready to open the door. But when he gets there, he notices it's already slightly open and voices coming from behind it. One loud, and one soft and even scared.

Genny rubs his chin, contemplating if he should interrupt or keep listening. He doesn't want to eavesdrop though.

But what comes from behind the door makes him curious.