Wedding Planning: The Dress

Start from the beginning

******

The elevator landed in front of Lucy's house. Charlie walked on ahead, while Rose and Willy followed behind him hand-in-hand. Charlie walked up the steps to Lucy's door and rang the doorbell.

The door was opened by a little girl around the same age as Charlie. "Hello?"

"Hello" Charlie said back to the girl. "Is Lucy home?"

The girl's eyes widened and she smiled brightly. "Oh, you must be her new friends"

"And you are?" Rose asked the girl.

"I'm Jenny, Lucy's little sister" the girl introduced herself. She opened the front door wider and motioned for them to come in. "You can all come in and make yourselves comfortable. I'll go get Lucy" Charlie, Rose and Willy followed Jenny inside the house. She brought them into the living room, and told them to take a seat on the couch, before parting to go get Lucy.

"This is a cozy little home" Rose commented, scanning her eyes around the living room. She sat in between Charlie and Willy. "And Jenny is a cute girl" Rose smirked down at her brother. "Don't you think so, Charlie?"

Charlie blushed. "Rosie!"

Willy suddenly jumped in his seat when he felt something brush up against his leg. "Something just touched me!"

A faint meow followed. Rose leaned over and saw an orange tabby cat rubbing against Willy's leg. Rose giggled at the sight. "It's a cat and I think it likes you!"

The cat hopped up onto Willy's lap. This caused him to grimace and hold his hands close to his chest. He was never really fond of cats or dogs. "Why would it like me?" Willy questioned. He looked to Rose for an answer. "It just met me"

"I see you've met Creamsicle" a new voice said. It belonged to Lucy. She and Jenny joined them in the living room. She laughed as she saw that Creamsicle was already curled up in Willy's lap. "She seems to really like you"

Creamsicle started purring and Willy started panicking. "She's vibrating now!"

"Willy, do you know anything about cats?" Rose asked him with a tilt of her head. Willy shook his head and this caused Rose to giggle again. "Well she's not vibrating, she's purring. That means she's content with you. You're telling me you've never had a cat, dog, or a pet of any kind?"

"Do the squirrels count?" Willy asked and Rose shook her head. "Then no, I've never had a pet before. Not that I've really wanted one. I don't really like cats. Or dogs even" He glanced down at the cat in his lap. "What do I do?"

"You pet her" Rose answered. She grabbed one of Willy's hands and began to guide it along Creamsicle. "Just like this"

"Oh!" Willy grinned. He looked at Rose again. "I do this to your hair sometimes when we're laying in bed" Rose let go of Willy's hand, and he continued to pet Creamsicle on his own. "I like cats now! Well, this one at least"

"Lucy," Rose moved her attention towards the redhead. "If you haven't guessed already, this is Willy Wonka, my fiance"

Jenny's eyes went wide. "This is Willy Wonka!? The amazing chocolatier!?"

Willy looked to Jenny and smiled. "That's me!"

"I'm sorry" Lucy spoke up. Her eyes darted between Rose and Willy. "Did you say fiance? Because when I met you, you said he was your boyfriend?"

"He proposed to me that night" Rose said. She looked to Willy and giggled dreamily. She held onto his arm and leaned against him. "It was so romantic"

Willy copied Rose's dreamy giggle. "This pretty little truffle is going to be my wife" He pressed a kiss to the top of her head. Rose then tilted her head upwards and puckered her lips, indicating that she wanted a kiss on the lips. "Oh, does my pretty truffle want a kiss?"

"Your pretty truffle is always wanting a kiss from you" Rose purred at him as she batted her eyelashes at him.

"In that case," Willy cupped Rose's face in his hands. "Come here, pretty little truffle" Their lips connected in a passionate kiss, completely forgetting about the fact that there were others in the room with them.

Lucy smiled awkwardly and folded her hands together in her lap. She looked over to Charlie. "Are they always like this, Charlie?"

Charlie nodded. "They tend to forget that other people are in the room"

Lucy cleared her throat, which caused Rose and Willy to pull away from each other. They both blushed from embarrassment. "Sorry" Rose muttered out.

"Yeah, sorry" Willy repeated.

Lucy smiled at them both. "Oh, it's alright. You should never apologize for being in love. Now, what brings you guys by?"

"I need a favour from you, Lucy" Rose started. "I was hoping that you could make my wedding dress for me"

"Really? Well, I'd be honored to make your dress for you!" Lucy clapped her hands together and bounced with excitement. "What were you thinking of for it? Mermaid, ball gown, trumpet? Lace, sparkles, satin?"

Willy's eyebrows furrowed as he listened to Lucy list of the many ways a wedding dress could be made. "I didn't realize there were so many kinds of dresses" He said. He looked to Rose. "But you know what you want, don't you, starshine?"

Rose nodded. "I sure do! You said you could make a dress out of anything, right Lucy?"

Lucy grew a proud smile and crossed her arms over her chest. "I sure can"

"Do you think you could make a dress made out of cotton candy?"

Lucy's mouth fell open slightly and she stared blankly at Rose. "Cotton candy?"

"Oh, I knew it was ridiculous..." Rose muttered, her smile and shoulders dropping with a sigh. Willy pat her on the knee.

"No, it's not ridiculous" Lucy quickly said. This made Rose perk up again. "In fact, it's the greatest idea for a dress I've ever heard. A wedding dress made out of cotton candy!"

"Does this mean you'll make the dress for me?" Rose asked hopefully.

"Yes!" Lucy squealed, jumping up onto her feet. "It'll take me a bit, considering it'll be made out of cotton candy. And I'm gonna need somewhere where I'll be able to make it"

"You can make it at the factory!" Willy suggested. Lucy absolutely beamed at the suggestion. "And the the Oompa-Loompas would be willing to help you"

Lucy and Jenny shared confused glances with each other. "Oompa-Loompas?" The sisters both said.

"Yeah. The wedding is all they've been talking about for the past couple of days. They're very excited about it and want to help out in anyway they can"

"Okay!" Lucy said with a nod. "I'd love the Oompa-Loompas help! All I need you guys to do for me is give me a room to make the dress in. I'll come to the factory first thing tomorrow morning"

"Could I come too?" Jenny asked.

Charlie looked over to Rose and Willy. "Can she?"

"It's alright with me" Rose answered. She looked over at her fiancé. "What about you, cocoa bean?"

"I don't see why not" Willy said. "It'll be good for Charlie to have a friend his own age to spend time with" He looked over at Charlie. "Not that we don't like spending time with you, it's just—"

"I know what you mean, Mr..." Charlie stopped himself. He remembered what Rose told him earlier before they left. He should start calling him Willy now that they were going to be brothers. "Willy" Rose smiled proudly at Charlie and gave him a pat on the head.

With their visit with Lucy over, Rose could cross of the first thing on her wedding to do list. The perfect wedding dress. And she couldn't wait to see how it would turn out.