Wedding Planning: The Dress

Start from the beginning

"Yes, cocoa bean?" Rose said, not looking up from her work.

He placed his chin on her shoulder as he pouted his lips. "You've been busy all morning"

"Planning a wedding is busy work"

"You forgot to do something very important this morning"

Rose looked up. She looked at Willy and furrowed her eyebrows. "Did I?"

"Yeah. You didn't kiss me yet"

"I'm sorry" She said. Rose gave Willy a quick peck on the lips. "There, is that better?"

Willy smiled as he shook his head. Then he took Rose's face in his hands and pulled her into another kiss. Only this one was deeper and longer. "Now I feel better" He said afterwards, resting his forehead against hers.

Rose smiled and hummed. "So do I"

******

That afternoon, Rose took Charlie and Willy with her to go meet Lucy. Rose needed a dress, and she knew that Lucy would be able to make her the one she wanted. They went into the dress shop to find her. "Okay, let's split off and find Lucy" Rose said. Willy raised his hand like he had a question. "Yes, Willy?"

It turns out he did have a question. "What does Lucy look like?"

"She's got fiery red hair. You can't miss her" Rose explained.

"Excuse me?" a woman's voice said. The three of them turned their heads to see a fifty-something, sharply dressed woman approaching them. Her name tag read Judy. "Did you say you were looking for Lucy?"

"Yes" Charlie answered with a nod. "Is she here?"

Judy looked between Rose and Charlie. "I remember you two from the other day. You here with a woman"

"Yes, that was our mother" Charlie mentioned. "Do you know where Lucy is?"

"I'm afraid she doesn't work here anymore" Judy explained.

"You fired her!?" Rose shouted at the top of her lungs. Charlie jumped from beside her, and Willy was giving her a wide eyed look from under his goggles. It was weird to hear Rose raise her voice like that. "How could you!?"

Judy quickly shook her head. "No, no, I didn't fire her. She quit on her own accord. Said something about following her dreams"

"Oh" Rose visibly calmed down. She flashed Judy a small smile. "Sorry for yelling"

"It's alright dear" Judy assured her. "When you work in the retail business, you get used to customers yelling at you"

"Do you know where we can find Lucy?" Charlie asked.

"Yes" Judy reached into the pocket of her blazer. She pulled out a piece of paper. "Lucy wanted me to give this to you if you ever came by again. Has her address on it"

Rose grabbed the piece of paper. "Thank you. And if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you like Lucy's designs?"

"Oh, I loved them!" Judy admitted. "But I didn't think they would sell well in this setting. Everything here is so formal. They would just look out of place" Judy sighed. "I regret being so harsh towards her" And with that, she went to attend to other customers.

"Good! We know where Lucy lives now so we can go see her!" Willy said excitedly.

"Let's go" Charlie said. The three of them left the store.