Chapter One: Return of the Pixie

Forks, Washington, my home for the last sixteen years of my life. Unlike my older sister, Bella, I never left Forks. Mostly because I'm Bella's half-sister. After Renée divorced Charlie and took away Bella, he fell in love with my mother Amelia Connor. Soon after they started dating my mother became pregnant with me. Four years later she was diagnosed with cancer and six months after that she was dead.

Charlie did his best to raise me as a single father, sure he wasn't present for a lot of things, being the chief of police and all. Even so, he made sure that I had everything I could possibly need. He made every attempt to be at every recital, every art show, or any other extracurricular activity I was in. Did he fall short on a lot of things, of course, but all that I cared about was that he loved and protected me.

When we got the news that my older sister was moving back home, we couldn't be happier. Charlie told literally everyone in town.

Though I was happy about Bella returning, I knew we would have our struggles. You see Bella and I didn't really have a relationship with each other. That was mostly Renee's fault, she didn't want me around Bella. I never really understood why and I still don't. I only got to see her for one week each summer when we would go on vacation with each other.

Everything was going fine for her and I the first couple of weeks. We got to know each other a bit more than before. I wouldn't call us "sisters" yet, but we were close. Then she met Edward Cullen and everything changed.

The Cullen's moved to Forks last year. They were the talk of the town when they got here. They all were impossibly gorgeous. Super fair complexions and they all had the same beautiful topaz eyes.

Dr. Cullen was my doctor from the time they moved to Forks. Much like my sister, I am extremely clumsy and always was at the ER for one reason or another.

Bella and Edward started dating and that's when my life started taking a drastic turn. I started seeing Bella less and less. She was always at the Cullen's. She was obsessed with them to the point when Edward broke up with her and the whole family left, she fell apart and became a shell of herself, a zombie, and left me to try and pick up the pieces of her fragile heart.

~~~

"Bells', come on let's go to the bookstore in Port Angeles."

Bella just ignores me, continuing to stare out her bedroom window. Taking a deep breath, I move in front of the window and try again to get her attention.

"If you don't want to hang out with me, why don't you go see Jake?"

She glances up at me and nods. I give her a small smile. It's been months since we actually had a conversation, her simple head nod is the most interaction she's given me.

Bella is much better now than she was a few months ago, but when she's not with Jake, she turns right back into the zombie she was when they first left.

I can't help but have a feeling of hate for the family that left my sister broken. Though Bella really shouldn't be acting this way either, I understand heartbreak but it's almost as if they took a part of her soul when they left. She should have been at least a little bit more healed than what she is.

I leave her bedroom and close her door softly. I make my way down the hall where a ladder hangs for the ceiling leading to my room in the attic.

My room suits me perfectly. It's painted a creme white with fairy lights and fake vines running the entire perimeter of my ceiling. My walls are covered in framed sketches and paintings I've done over the years. On the right side of the room closest to the window are my window seat and built-in bookshelves. On the other side of my room sits my vanity and closet.