Chapter 5 - Mall Trips

Start from the beginning

They were looking at duffle bags when Kaminari and Iida finally managed to catch up with them.

"There you guys are!" Kaminari grinned. "How's it going?"

"I still need a few things... like...." Most of the things on this list Kakashi had never heard of before. He understood the concept behind it, but Konoha didn't really have sunscreen. Shinobi didn't use it because the smell could lead enemies to their location, they didn't use bug spray for the same reason. "Sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses."

"Oh, those are just in the store to your right! We just came from there." Kaminari said.

They paid for the bags, then moved on next door.

"Hey look! They've got keychains! I didn't see those the first time!" Kaminari bolted over to the keychain stand.

"Kaminari-kun, you really shouldn't-" Iida was cut off by a loud crash. "-do that."

"Hey! You'd better pay for those! Don't think that just because you're in the Hero Course you get a free pass!" A store clerk said angrily.

"I didn't break anything, it just fell!" Kaminari tried to assure her.

"You think you're better than everyone else, don't you?" The broom in her hand suddenly looked very menacing to Kaminari.

"A-ah no, I just-"

"Maa maa, the things just fell. We'll pick them up and be on our way." Kakashi interjected. "Nothing is broken, so I suggest you let us go."

"Are you threatening me, brat?" She growled.

"I would never. But I don't think making a scene is helping your case." Kakashi countered calmly. Kaminari had started putting the keychains that fell back on the stand. "We are sorry for knocking over your keychains, if you'd like, you could sue us for damages, but I think you'd have a difficult time finding a lawyer who would take your case."

She muttered some curses under her breath and walked away.

"Now Kaminari-kun, shall we go?" Kakashi asked.

"Don't you still need to buy a few things?"

"Maa, I can buy them elsewhere." Kakashi shrugged.

"Okay." Kaminari nodded, dusted himself off, and the four of them left.

They ran into Midoriya, Jirou, Yaoyorozu, Shouji, and Tokoyami in the food court.

"Hey!!" Hagakure runs up to them. "How's it going?"

"We're pretty much all done, I think." Jirou looked to the others for confirmation.

"Yeah. I've got everything I need!" Midoriya nodded.

"Kaminari-kun, are you okay?" Yaoyorozu asked. Kaminari had been looking a little pale since what happened in the store.

"We just had a run in with an angry lady in a store earlier." Hagakure answered for him.

"Yeah." Kaminari shrugged. "It's no big deal though, I'm fine."

"Okay...." Yaoyorozu said, trying (and failing) to mask the doubt in her tone.

They dropped the subject and eventually met up with everyone else. Kakashi found another store that sold sunscreen and sun hats, then they left the mall.

They went their separate ways, and Kakashi returned home.

"Did you get what you needed?" Aizawa asked.

"Do I really need all this stuff?" Kakashi sighed. "It seems like too much."

"Did you get everything on the list?"

"Yeah."

"Well then it's fine."

Kakashi looked at him skeptically, but shrugged. He reminded himself that the people here had different standards, and even though he definitely didn't need 4 T-shirts, he could survive off 2, he should bring them anyways. He was doing this for his leisure, it was a vacation (not really, but he couldn't really train to his full power there anyway).

The next few days passed quickly. They listened to Nezu's speech at the end of the term, and then it was time for the training camp.

Oh, Aizawa had also taken on a protege. Kakashi was pretty sure it was Shinsou, but he had no way to be sure.

Instead of just throwing things into his bag, Kakashi used scrolls. If Kakashi were to have a weakness within the ninja arts, it would've been sealing. He could still make simple ones, like what was required for a sealing scroll, but anything more complicated than that, he was incapable of doing, and now there wasn't an opportunity to learn.

Kakashi sighed heavily and labeled the scrolls. For some reason, he couldn't help the dread that was pooling in his stomach, nor could he stop his mind from going over all the worst case scenarios.

This trip would be fun, he told himself. Just some simple training, then he would have a few weeks to himself.

Right?