Chapter 23, "Last Minute".

Start from the beginning

Courteney : The two of you?

Jen : Yeah.

Courteney : That'll be exciting for the world, seeing the two of you on screen together again.

Jen : You think?

Courteney : Mhm... Coco! I need some help with Instagram!

The next day :

Brad : Jen?

Hearing a knock on the door while she's laying in the tub, she takes out her AirPods.

Jen : What?

He opens the door, knowing what's behind the door is nothing he hasn't seen before..

Brad : I need to talk to you about something.

Turning her head to look at him, the smile on her face quickly fades as she can tell he's about to tell her something she won't like.

Jen : What is it?

Brad : I need to go to France.

Jen : What? When?

Brad : Tomorrow morning.

Jen : Tomorrow? But that's not gonna work, we've got that table read.

He looks at her in silence for a moment, feeling bad that he's about to disappoint her.

Jen : Oh. So you're gonna let that ruin the whole thing? How long have you even known about this?

Walking closer, he bends down facing her.

Brad : You'll still be able to do it without me.

Jen : How long have you known Brad?

Brad : I got the dates mixed up, I realized just now.

She sighs, as this isn't the first time he doesn't have his shit together.

Jen : We won't be able to do it without you Brad. You're playing one of the main characters! There's no one to replace you and there won't be any time to find someone new now. It's on Friday!

Brad : Jen... I'm sorry, but I have to go to Paris... I've been working on this wine for years.

Jen : Well, you should've thought about that before signing up for this.

He gives her a stern look and without thinking twice he says something he'll soon regret.

Brad : You're the one who begged me to do this Jen.

Jen : I'm sorry what? Begged you to do this?!

Brad : Not like that but...

Jen : I asked you once! I thought it would be something fun for us to do as we haven't worked together in a really long time...

He immediately feels guilty as he can tell how hurt she is.

Jen : But clearly you don't think so.

Standing up getting out of the tub, she grabs a towel before walking out leaving him alone in the room feeling like an asshole.

Brad : Jen.

Following her, he rushes down the hallway to their bedroom where he finds her changing.

Brad : Jen, can we talk about this?

Jen : Have you called them? You have to tell them so they'll have time to announce it's not happening.

Brad : Not yet, but...

Jen : Do it.

She throws a white t-shirt on and grabs the pair of jeans laying on the bed, as she seems to be in a hurry.