-This is getting hot...- Tillie mirrored her blonde friend.

In response to that remark, the named couple, Noah, and Winnie, shot a look at her. The first two threw her a deadly one, and the others a wide-eyed one. The four of them wanted the earth to swallow them, while the other nine waited expectantly for an explanation.

-What were you doing here...late sleepers?- Cole laid his head on his hand, looking at the couple intently.

-Having ice cream.

-Yeah, Anne, it's a fucking ice cream parlor. I mean, why were you awake?

-Keep it PG, though, please.

-HAHAHA JOSE- Jerry, Charlie, and Tillie fell into a pit of laughter.

-OH MY GOD, JOSIE!- Anne screamed before burying her face in her hands, a blush of embarrassment creeping up her cheeks.

-Josephine Pye, I'd like to remind you that my girlfriend's here and, for god's sake we just couldn't fall asleep and decided to have some ice cream!

-Are you sure? Because...- Jerry cocked an eyebrow, and Anne's head popped up, knowing exactly what he was about to say.

-Watch your mouth, Jerry Baynard, because if you say what I think you are about to say, I'll cut your hair in your sleep- she threatened, knowing that his hair was one of the things he treasured the most.

-No, now you have to say it!

-If you don't say it, I'll punch you, and I mean it- Josie added.

-I'll never let you copy my homework again if you don't talk- Cole leaned into the table.

-Spill the tea.

-Alright, alright, calm down! Remember the day of Cole's welcoming party last year?

-Say goodbye to your goddamn hair...- the redhead muttered, ready to leave as soon as he finished the anecdote.

-The Shiiiiirllllsss night?- Tillie smirked. She would never let that go.

-Yes, that he was drunk.

-Gilbert Blythe!- Winnie's British accent was heard across the room as she scolded him.

-Well, the next morning I found them both in a compromised situation...

-Oh, I'm loving this!- Cole sat on the edge of his seat.

-They were both asleep...

-Baynard, watch it- he said coldly.

-...cuddling in Gilbert's bed.

-OH MY GOD.

-HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS.

-I knew it! "Just friends"? I never bought that shit!- all of them exclaimed at the same time.

The whole table, including Dave, watched as the dramatic scene took place after what Jerry said. Winifred leaving the shop while saying "I...should get going", her boyfriend calling after her, Noah looking at Anne disappointedly... Everything looked like a movie.

-I'll kill you- the redhead said coldly before slamming the parlor's door shut.

-Babe...You messed up- Diana looked at him sorrily before running after her best friend.

-What the hell were you all thinking?! And you, Baynard? Shirley trusted you with this. And my girlfriend was here!

And with that, the curly-haired boy left too, making Jerry feel a bit guilty. Gilbert was right, he had crossed the line and now regretted it. He buried his face in his hands, sighing defeatedly.