23: Beauty in the Sunset

En başından başla

Her hands slowly went over to her blindfolds. As soon as it was removed, her eyes went wide with shock as she took in the scene displayed in front of her. They sparked with happiness just as the sun flares a little before setting for the day. She clapped her hands together in a sign of delight. I didn't even have to bother to turn around, as I watched the sun set through the reflection in her eyes. Every inch of her face was filled with joy. And without realizing, her smile had brought one to my face as well. Is the real sunset up in the sky or right in front of me?...

____________________________________________

Mallika

I felt the hard ground under my feet reappear. An intense warmth from before made my skin feel like it was glowing. "Now..."

His words freed me of the invisible bonds that had kept me from opening my eyes till then.

Beautiful was the only word I could think of when I took in the scene in front of me. The ombré of colors displayed on the never ending canvas called sky filled my heart with warmth. I watched as the yellow blob in the middle slid down, bringing the colors with it.

Soon enough, I began to see the moon shining brighter, indicating that the sunset was over. The crickets chirping was another sign that signaled to head back home before it got too dark to see anymore. I turned to face the Rajkumar, who I found looking right at me. My movement towards him seemed to break him out of a certain trance and he looked down.

Knowing what he wanted to ask, I answered him without his acknowledgment. "I loved it!"

He looked up at my out of the blue compliment. "Huh?"

"I loved the sunset." I could tell my words had made his day, which had technically already ended. As my thoughts took over, a realization came to mind. For just half an hour even, I had forgotten of all my other worries and tensions. The stress that I had started to feel creep onto me, was somewhat relieved (or even gone to say). I knew I owed him those two words.

"Thank you..." I softly said, just loud enough for him to hear me.

He once again turned to look at me. Even through the mad shadows that were casting onto his face, the look of confusion was evident.

"Thank you for...everything," I finished off, not knowing where to start my reasoning list from. As soon as those words left my mouth, his face changed into something of wonder. But even if he asked what I meant, I don't think I could've explained. Thankfully he didn't and instead a smile appeared: "It's time to head back."

I nodded and turned to walk back down the escalated hill, but then stopped when I saw he didn't follow. My eyebrows raised in question at his silence.

"You can walk back down right...or do you need assistance?" he asked in a playful voice.

"I'm capable of walking myself." We walked a couple steps down in silence, until the thought struck me. He had given me a chance!

"...actually...if you're still up to it--"

But before I could complete my sentence, I felt myself being pulled into his arms once again. I looked at his face only to see that they were fixed on the path ahead. I tightened my grip on his neck while holding back a smile, as we strolled in peace back home.

"Admit it. You like this, don't you?" I teased.

"I should be asking you that!"

I shrugged. "I mean...someone is doing the work for me, why not? All I have to do is trust."

He looked at me in amusement. "I'm just thankful I'm a strong and wellbuilt Rajkumar."

"Excuse me!? What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying I'm--"

"I think you figured it out."

"I'm going to slap you."

"Go ahead."

"Frog-eyes." 

Oh Kismat,

I'm ready to give it another try. I'm ready to give...love...another try.

👑

Helloooo everyone! Missed us? 😂

The cuteness doesn't end here...stay tuned for some good stuff coming soon...(not Sumedh's soon of course) 

One more thing...for now at least we are thinking of posting every other day...it's hard to find time to write 😣

Do comment, vote, follow, and share!