Part 25

Kit King
The final day of the school year was definitely harder than I had expected it to be. Only because I knew that I wouldn't get to see any of them over summer. Especially the gryffindor lot.
I'd get killed if I went to see them and they found out.
I knew I would see Draco.
But not under the right terms.
It would be infront of our parents at some stupid gathering, meaning we would have to pretend that we couldn't stand each other.
I was already dreading it.
Draco had become my everything while we were in the safety of Hogwarts. But outside school it wouldn't be so easy. Not that I fully understood why we couldn't just tell our parents. I didn't even understand why they hated each other.
Part of me always thought about saying fuck it and just telling them and if they disagreed then I imagined Draco and I just running away to somewhere where we could happily be together.

I imagined us going to the middle of nowhere and staying somewhere where no one would ever think to find us.
We'd be happy there.
I know we would.
No enemy parents to think about, no dark lord no nothing.
We could try and have a normal life.

Draco and I sat alone in a compartment on the train. We sat opposite each other but I couldn't bring myself to look at him.
I knew that if I looked at him I would start thinking about how I would have to go months without being with him.
I would be on my own.
I wouldn't have him to calm me down if I got angry or upset. I wouldn't  be able to kiss him or hold him or even talk to him.
Thinking about it broke my heart.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Draco asked taking a hold of one of my hands.
I hadn't even realised that I was crying until he said it. I never cried in-front of people because there was always someone who would use it against me.
"I just keep thinking about the fact that I won't get to see you this summer. After how close we've become, it's going to be difficult." I sniffled and he patted the seat next to him.
I slowly rose from my seat to sit next to him. Immediately putting my head on his shoulder and wrapping my hands around his arm.
"I know it will be hard. But we will are each other."
"Yes. But we can't hug, kiss or even hold hands. I probably won't be allowed to talk to you." I said, and he wiped my tears away with his thumb.
"Then we'll have to think of something. I'll tell you what. Meet me in two weeks at the Leaky Cauldron. We can stay there overnight and then we could go to a Quidditch match" he said and I sighed.
"My parents would never let me go."
"Tell them you're going to stay with Blaise for the night." He said and I sighed.
"I'll try." I smiled. "I'll still miss you." I said looking down at the floor.
He smiled back and then gasped.
"Katerina King? Getting shy? Over me?" He asked, repeating what I had said to him when he had asked me to be his girlfriend.
"You know how much I care for you Draco." I sighed and he kissed the top of my head.
"I know."

I sat up and stared at him. A frown came into my face and I pouted at him. He raised an eyebrow and stared at me blankly.
"Well?"
"Kit you're so dramatic." He scoffed.
"I just want to hear you say it!"
"You know I'll miss you and you know that I care for you." He said and I grinned.
"Draco Malfoys gone soft." I laughed and he rolled his eyes.
"Yeah for a girl who gets mad when she doesn't get what she wants, and is really quite temperamental." He grinned and I hit his arm.
"You're mean."
He leaned closer to me, holding onto my chin.
"I am mean darling, and that's why you've desperately fallen for me."