33: Holiday Exams

Start from the beginning

It was his home away from home, if that even made any sense.

"No thanks," Yoongi said and smiled sadly, coughing almost awkwardly as a result. "I have to get to class."

Jimin's head snapped back from where he was observing the café and its bustling life inside, eyeing Yoongi carefully. The boy stared right back at him, and for a moment, he felt as if there was no one else around, just the two of them and their thoughts. 

For that brief moment, he felt as though his secrets were written on his forehead, the feeling of someone staring at him for so long triggering something that he didn't recognize. But perhaps it was that the boy was Yoongi, and he wasn't fond of the idea of the real one knowing everything about him, just in case he wasn't who he said he was.

He found that there wasn't a time where the older boy had ever specified what he wanted to do for a living, or what he wanted to be in the future. Much less what he was currently taking classes on.

Apart from his personality, his ambitions and his character away from the hustle and bustle of city life was a mystery to Jimin. He'd never been with Yoongi outside of the city setting, and he found himself wondering what it would be like. 

Could he admit that he was curious? Yes, he was actually very curious about the older, finding himself wondering about what he did other than talk and smile all the time.

I'm getting off topic, Jimin thought, attempting to remember what he'd even been doing before that. It was another tense moment of silence before his brain decided to function.

"O-oh," he found himself saying, as he had said probably fifty times over the course of their conversation. "Okay, I guess I'll let you go then, you should probably be getting there. Sorry for keeping you waiting."

Yoongi chuckled as he turned to leave, forcing him to glance over his shoulder and back at him with a quizzical look.

"What?" he asked, watching the boy giggle into his gloved hand, the sight of such a thing mildly amusing. "Did I say something?"

"No," Yoongi laughed. "I've just had an idea."

"And what idea is this, might I ask?" Jimin asked as he turned back around completely to face him again, eyebrows furrowing.

"I just thought of how funny it would be to beat you in a video game," Yoongi snorted as Jimin watched the amused glint travel through his eyes with a harsh stare.

"What's that supposed to translate to?" Jimin asked, interested in the thought of video games and Yoongi, as he'd never imagined those two words would even make it into the same sentence, if into the same paragraph, unless the writing expressed his dislikes. 

He never pinpointed Yoongi as someone to enjoy the classic computer game.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over later," Yoongi said. "We can play video games and eat snacks and shit."

Eat snacks and shit? Since when have I heard that before?

Jimin coughed. "So you mean, like, I go to your house, and we 'play video games and eat snacks and shit'?"

"Yeah, isn't that what I just said?" Yoongi raised his right eyebrow in question, expression looking suspiciously flirtatious, although Jimin wasn't sure if he was seeing things that were completely off the charts without coffee to fully wake up his system.

Jimin coughed again. "I don't even know where you live, though."

"Well, I mean obviously you don't, but I can give you my address if you agree."