Chapter 8: Our Glowing Friend

~3s POV~

We arrive back at base, the CQ-80 safely in our possession. 6 takes it away so she and Lukas can hack into the system and gain access to the Metro plans. This way, we can see what the Metro has been turned into since the reign of 7. As we wait around outside, Diamond calls me and 8 over, explaining  what is going on here.

Like always, D doesn't talk, only uses the hologram computer in his arm to tell us stuff. He sometimes makes noises that makes him super cute, but it's not all the time he does it. "What do you need D?" I ask. He types into the computer and we read the screen. It seems like you have a case of Corruption in your world. Our world? Corruption? Me and 8 became confused, wondering what he was talking about. He then elaborated on this, making so we could understand fully. Corruption is usually confind to one world, mine, but it somehow escaped and entered your world, causing the change in colour of the enemies ink, as well as bringing out the evil of your friends; the worst of them; the side they hide deep down. Its usually in the form of a hot pink triangle that fades to light pink, then white, but it has seemed to change; evolve in a way. For all I know, it won't stop spreading until every inch of the world is covered. "So your saying--AHH!" 8 grasps his head in pain and falls to the ground. "8? Are you ok?" I ask, getting down beside him and holding him.

~8s POV~

It all happened so quickly...

One minute I was fine, the next I was on my knees with a pain in my head that kept getting worse. I closed my eyes as Cora knelt next to me, trying to help me get past this pain. It was no use though, a few seconds passed before I fainted.

I wake up in a dark room. I'm no longer at headquarters with Cora and the others. I get up and start to walk forward. The room was pitch black, I couldn't see anything, no traces of light anywhere but then the darkness becomes brighter, and brighter. The next minute, my eyes are shut because of the Blinding light.

“He's waking up sir. Test subject #3-”

“He isn't just a test subject, he's one of our best warriors, my 3rd child, a triplet”

“Yes sir, I understand. Anyway, he is ready for training, he's fully recovered since fighting Tobi”

“Excellent, give him his gear. Tell him to meet me in the arena.”

“Yes sir.”

I look up, my vision is blury. I look around and I can see two figures standing over me. One seems to be some kind of scientist, but the other I can't make out. I knew he was my father, but I couldn't tell if I knew him or not. I'm given an octo shot and sent out of the room. Minutes later, I emerge into the arena where I see my siblings and my father. He announces I would be fighting Tori, and so the fight started. I took Tori down with relative ease and I leave the room with Tobi. But instead of leaving fully, I peak my head into the room and watch as Tori is punched and slapped by two elites under Father's command. I knew what she meant now when she said she had had enough.