Teldryn | Loathing You Wasn't Right

Start from the beginning

The large manor she had been given was dark and cold. She had left many of her belongings behind. And Teldryn would fondly stare at them, as he continued down into the main part of her home.

"You're more than welcome to stay here with me, Teldryn."

"You can't actually mean that, Y/n."

"No, I do. It's too large to live in alone. There's this room over here," she grabbed his hand and pulled him over," I would love it if it was yours."

"Then I'll stay. If that's what you wish."

Teldryn stared down at his hand clenching and unclenching it, before shaking his head and scolding himself for trying to remember how pleasant her hand felt in his-

"Just stop it! You're Teldryn Sero! The best swordsman in Morrowind! You're not some lovesick s'wit, so stop acting like one."

It was a lame attempt at clearing his mind, but he accepted it all the same and made his way into the master bedroom. Her bedroom.

What a mistake.

Her room still smelled of her, the same smell that filled his nose as she would bury her face into his chest while hugging. And although every part of him told him to leave, he stayed.

He fell onto her bed, overwhelmed by the scent of her and the softness of the furs that covered her blanket.

"Y/n... why did you leave me..?"

He muttered, tearing the helmet back off of his face and tossing it far away from him.

He heard the shattering of glass, and he cringed.

"Damn it..."

He slowly brought himself to his feet and saw the shattered vase on her desk, and as he gathered the pieces, his eyes caught the scribbling of his name.

Teldryn Sero

He set the shards aside and opened the folded paper.

I have to leave Solstheim. I can't stay any longer, I refuse to fall anymore in love with him. Teldryn Sero... such a grumpy elf... but that didn't stop my foolish heart. Those crimson eyes have me swooning and I want to wake up to the rasp of his voice in the morning for hundreds of thousands of mornings. But he doesn't deserve to deal with the life I lead. The constant never knowing if I'll return again. The endless traveling and speaking to officials, not to mention the threat of the civil war... Teldryn deserves to follow someone, to love someone that's not me.

I'll suffer for a thousand years if it means that Teldryn is happy.

"Stupid... so stupid..."

That didn't stop the shaking of his hands or the pounding of his heart.

It was astonishing to learn that she had felt the same all this time. For Teldryn, it was like time stood still. Everything he loathed about her wasn't quite what he thought.

He loved the way she laughed and said his name.

He loved the fact that she would hug him after a battle.

He loved the way she stared in awe of their campfires.

He loved her.

Teldryn wanted her to wake up in his arms and see that smile she wore after hearing his voice. He wanted morning kisses and slow dances in the kitchen. He wanted everything you would never think a mercenary would want, he wanted to be loved.

Teldryn's body seemed to drag itself out of her home and back to the docks, staring out at the grayed sky and the barren harbor.

He stared out at the abyss of sea separating him from her.