Lily rolled her eyes, "not like that. James and I." 

"Whatever you say ..." Nyah sighed with a slight smirk.

Lily narrowed her eyes at the girl, "oi! Shove off, I'm making you breakfast."

"Not if I go down to the Great Hall," Nyah sang.

"Nyah, what time do you think it is?" Lily asked, biting back a smile.

"I don't know ... nine or ten?" Nyah guessed, trying to gauge what Lily was getting at.

The two girls heard James Sirius Potter laughing from his room, either he had somehow amused himself ( which was entirely plausible ) or he had overheard their conversation.

"Nine or ten? It's one forty five, Thomas," James said with a small laugh. This caused Nyah to sit up rapidly and fumble for her dress from the previous night.

"Ny ... Ny ... what's wrong?" Lily asked, wondering why she was so panicked. 

"I have to meet someone. I promised I'd meet him at one thirty and now I'm late. Ugh! He's going to hate me!" Nyah exclaimed, as she eventually found her dress hanging, she then paused. "I don't want him thinking that anything happened last night, could I borrow some of your clothes?"

"Of course ... just ... who are you meeting?" Lily asked, starting to head into her room with Nyah trailing behind. 

"Um ... no one important," Nyah said, biting her lip.

"No one important? What a load of bull Ny. We tell each other everything ... oh my god ... oh my god ..." Lily said, her voice getting louder as she continued talking. "Are you meeting Ryan?" 

"Merlin, Lils, you're horrible at whispering and if you must know, yes, I am. But not as a date. Only as friends," Nyah said with a sigh.

"Shit, ok, I have some cute clothes for this type of situation ... um ..." Lily said, rummaging through her closet, trying to find an outfit that would suit Nyah. All the Thomas girl did was laugh a little at her friend's enthusiasm. Then a light bulb went off in her head as her stomach growled.

"Lils ... calm down ... I'll just ... I don't know ... tell him to meet me later. You've already made breakfast and it's really nice and I want to enjoy it! Plus I'm bloody hungry and we're going down to the lake, so they'll probably be no food. And then we can worry about what I'm going to wear," Nyah explained. Lily then nodded and went to grab a quill and some parchment for Nyah so she could send a paper airplane to him. 

Hogwarts students had adopted sending charmed pieces of paper as airplanes or birds to their friends as notes or to their crushes as anonymous love letters. Because of the ever-changing stairs, it was nearly impossible to find someone and still get to class on time and sending owls created too much of a mess. Lily had received many of these from James, some containing confetti or fireworks when opened.

Once Nyah had finished writing her note and she had sent it, she walked back out into their common room and took it in.

"Y'know I've never actually been in here. And it's gorgeous. Is it true that the bathroom sinks are golden?" Nyah asked.

"No, unfortunately not. I was quite disappointed by that one," Lily remarked with a shrug. 

"What are you disappointed by?" James asked, now with a shirt on. 

"The taps aren't golden," Lily sighed as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Ah, yeah it's a bummer. That's what I was most looking forward too," James said.

"No it's not," Lily said, not looking up from the food she was making.

"No it's not," James said with a small smirk.