"Robert, how are you?" Vincenzo asks him. "I'm fine, how are you?" Robert asks. Vincenzo smiles and glances at me.

"I'm just perfect."

The man smiles. "Athena, this is our pilot, Robert Scott," Vincenzo introduces me.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Scott," I greet him, and shake quickly his hand.

"Likewise, miss," he responds.

Vincenzo turns to me. "Shall we?" he asks, motioning with his head to the stairs of the plane. Excited, I nod my head.

"Alright then, ladies first," Vincenzo winks and puts his hand on my lower-back.

We walk on the stairs in the plane, and once inside the plane I see a young man – probably early in his twenties – standing by the door, with a neutral look on his face.

I send him a polite smile as I pass him, which he returns with a nod.

"I didn't know he liked them young," he mutters, and I guess I wasn't supposed to hear it.

But I did. And I don't know how to react or feel about it.

Ignoring the sentence, I continue my way inside the jet.

There are four comfortable looking seats placed by the windows, a little bar and a large couch. There's a huge TV in front of the couch and at the end of the plane there's another door which I assume is the toilet.

"Oh my God," I whisper and look around with wide eyes.

"First time inside a private jet?" Vincenzo asks, amusement clear in his voice.

I nod, unable to say anything and walk further in the plane.

After I've looked around the whole plane, Vincenzo and I finally settled down on one of the comfortable seats.

"We're about to take off," Vincenzo says next to me. It's then that I realize that we're going to be going to New York.

Unconsciously, I take his surprisingly warm hand in mine and look outside the window of the plane. I hear his sharp intake of breath next to me, and feel him move closer.

"Are you nervous?" he whispers in my ear.

"Yes," I answer, and feel my heart racing in my chest. He laughs softly.

"Don't worry, principessa, everything's going to be fine."

And with that being said, we hear the speakers in the plane being turned on, with the pilot informing us that we'll be flying for 6 hours, and after that being said the plane begins to move and move until we're in the air and I'm looking down at the fields of Vancouver.

Unbelievable that my first time going to New York is with Vincenzo, without my parents knowing.

I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me against a rock-hard chest.

I turn to Vincenzo and lay my head against his chest, pleased with its softness and close my eyes.

After all this time, I'm used to Vincenzo's wandering hands, but I'm surprised that this time he's just rubbing his hand up and down my back, and his other hand is playing with my hair.

Enjoying the sound of his calm heartbeat next to my ear, I fall in a deep slumber I didn't know I needed, and fall asleep in Vincenzo's warm and strong arms.

° ° °

I'm laying down on something and soft kisses are placed in my neck, and I let out a sigh in content at the pleasant feeling.

"Wake up, bella," I hear a husky voice whisper near my ear. I groan and shake my head before I turn my head away and continue to sleep. At least that's what I wanted to do.

"Athena," the voice whispers in my ear, and kisses my ear, "there's only a couple of minutes left before we land, and I want you awake."

"Just five more minutes," I murmur. A soft laugh sounds near my ear.

"I'm not falling into that trap, mia cara, come on, you have to get up."

Lazily, I open my eyes and look around, to see that I'm lying on the couch, my legs entangled with those of Vincenzo and his arms are safely wrapped around my body.

"What happened?" I ask confused and look around again in the plane. 

"You fell asleep, so I moved us to the couch and you stayed asleep for the next 6 hours," Vincenzo chuckles, and moves my hair to the side to look at me properly. I frown. "I was asleep for the whole flight?" I ask confused. He nods, an amused glint in his eyes.

"Yes, bella, and now we're about to land, so buckle up."

Disappointed that I didn't get to enjoy the flight, I move over to the other seats and rub in my eyes.

The next ten minutes we stay seated, and when I glance out of the window my eyes grow wide.

"Oh my God!" I exclaim with a big smile. Vincenzo turns to me with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asks. "We're in New York!" I almost yell happily and move over to the window, my nose touching the glass.

"Oh my God! Look at all those buildings!"

Vincenzo chuckles from behind me.

"Easy, Athena. They're just buildings," he says and lets his head rest on my shoulder.

When I see New York like this, in the air from a private jet, I don't really regret coming with Vincenzo at all.

I don't like it because of all the luxe, because I would've gladly payed for my own and stuff, but I'm glad because I said yes.

I'm glad because I'm doing this. And deep down I know that I'll love this trip and will always carry it with me.