8. Catching Feelings

Start from the beginning

"JOSH." A deep voice rings through the air, and the benches shake as Cameron slams his fists down.

The boys stop snickering as Cameron turns around. His eyes are covered by his dark hair, but there is definitely a glare underneath. His jaw is clenched and he stands up.

"If any of you lay one finger with any sexual harmful intention on my bitch," He then points a finger in Genny's direction who is still running, obvious to the situation. Then he looks back at Josh, his face darkening,"I will kill you. Fuck, I'll kill you if you do that to anyone in this damn school or outside it. Don't fucking touch what's not yours."

After that threat, Cameron sits back down, facing the field, acting as if he didn't just turn into a demon.

The dark-haired boy breathes out, trying to remember what he said. When this kinda snap-outs happen, he usually just lets his brain talk, not thinking about what he's saying.

While Cameron calms down, Josh tenses behind him.

'His bitch? Who does he think he is to talk to me like that in front of everyone?' In Josh's eyes, everything is that nerd's fault since Cameron never threatened him before. Josh's ego is hurt, and the worst happens when a bully's ego is hurt. 'Let's teach that nerd a lesson.'

___________

Friday came as Genny is walking towards Cameron's front door

Friday came as Genny is walking towards Cameron's front door. Although it's the third time doing this, Genny is still nervous.

The two agreed to meet during the weekdays too since two sessions weren't enough to finish the project. They met Wednesday in the library to finish the writing, and now Friday to put everything together. They're going to meet Sunday too, to finish everything.

It's been going good, most of the work was made by Genny, Cameron only standing next to him, either annoying him, or making him flustered.

Genny was confused some times too. Cameron was either sitting next to him, asking questions, pointing at everything like a curious child, or completely ignoring Genny, smoking or just taking a nap. Sometimes he also seemed mad or indifferent.

It is confusing, it's also frustrating.

Reaching the front door, Genny knocks, and this time the door is opened by a short girl unknown to Genny.

She looks about eight or nine years old, the dark hair falling around her face in curls and her pouty face makes Genny awe. But when she opens her mouth...

"Who are you? Are an American citizen? Do you support communism? In what way do you contribute to this society? Do you know this year's election—"

"GO TO YOUR ROOM." A deep voice yells from inside the house and then Cameron comes into the door frame, a sarcastic expression on his face as he looks down at the girl.

Genny notices they're siblings. The girl looks back at Genny with narrowed eyes, analyzing him from bottom to top. Then, she turns around and leaves, climbing up the stairs.

Cameron's eyes meet Genny's as the smaller boy nervously smiles up at him, cutely waving.

Cameron huffs and moves out of the door frame, inviting the boy in. "Her name is Rose. She's my sis unfortunately." He states as the two walk to Cameron's room.

Genny remembers her words and how she greeted him. "You're one of those politics obsessed people?" Genny asked, truly scared.

"We're not. She is tho. Her room would scare you." Cameron explains as they advance into the hall. Genny clutches his backpack to his chest. "Oh, and if she points a knife at you or tries to scare you, run."

Genny's eyes widen.

____________

The two are seated on the floor, Genny leaning forward as he writes something down, and Cameron struggling to get the glitter off his hands and onto the project plank.

He tries scratching it off, wiping it on the carpet, but nothing works. He even thought of licking it off but that would also be pointless. The glitter is sticking to his skin like glue.

Cameron has been struggling and wiping for the past hour, all while Genny keeps glancing up at the angered man, watching as he groans and roars while trying to get pink glitter of his hands.

It is truly amusing.

"I just can't get this shit off." Cameron snaps, slamming his fist down onto the floor, cracking his knuckles.

Genny's eyes widen as he approaches Cameron. He grips his hand and looks up, "Let me do it." The brunette suggests as Cameron looks down at him with a dark face.

Genny glances down at his small hand holding Cameron's much bigger one.

"It's like fucking glue." Cameron mutters, and Genny can hear it very clearly since the two are only a few inches apart. Cameron doesn't seem to mind or notice the proximity, but Genny instantly reddens.

"Yeah well...it's glitter." The boy stutters, awkwardly smiling. Cameron stares at him, analyzing his face and movements.

"You have this thing of bringing your hand up to your glasses and trying to fix them up your nose. But instead you make them crooked. And then you do it again after half a minute." Cameron simply states, one corner of his mouth slowly lifting.

Genny looks at him surprised, and out of instinct he brings his hand to his glasses. Cameron chuckles and Genny retreats his hand.

All while Genny's hand rests on top of Cameron's glittered one.

Genny notices what's happening and how he's almost giving in, so he jumps a little and steps back, going back to writing on the project paper.

"You should go wash it off with soap." Genny suggests, trying to hide his red face with his hair as his shaky hand is moving the pen.

Cameron stands up and nonchalantly walks to the bathroom. After Genny is alone, he lets out a deep breath, feeling his hot face with the back of his hands.

"What just happened?" The boy whispers to himself, placing one hand on his tummy to calm the butterflies down.

To be honest, these past days Genny's stomach kept going crazy, so did his heartbeat. He's been trying to ignore it, push it down, but it keeps coming back. Like today.

But it can't be possible. Genny does not want to accept it. Accept that he has a mild crush.

Cameron is...from a completely different world than him. He's the bad guy, he's Cameron Howard. The guy that is surrounded by popular people at lunch, the guy that has all girls swooning over, the guy that teachers submit to. He's that perfect bad boy from the Hollywood movies.

And Genny...he's the side character.

It can't be possible. Genny is smart, he knows it, he won't let himself be stupid for some boy. He can't give in.

But how could he not? He's a lonely gay boy in an existential crisis that spends half of his week with a handsome, tattooed dude that keeps sending mixed signals.

But one thing Genoah Jensen is a pro at is hiding his feelings from himself and from everyone around him.

______________