8. Catching Feelings

Start from the beginning

And they're not even halfway through the first lap...

A few other people that started the first and the fastest are already catching up to Genny and Blue, already on the second lap. Genny can't comprehend how they could do it so fast.

Cameron is one of those people, and if it weren't for the situation, the boy would have probably admired Cameron's concentrated face, his furrowed brows, the sweat drooling down his jawline. He would have probably taken a glance at his arm muscles as he's running and at his hair blowing in the wind.

But he can't. Because of his pathetic condition and also because of the next words he's about to hear.

Josh comes next to Genny, keeping his regular pace as Genny stumbles and tries to keep himself on his feet. The bully looks at Genny with a smirk, "Maybe we should tell coach that whales don't have the proper condition to run." He yells, joking. Laughter can be heard from behind.

Genny blushes and stumbles again. He looks down ashamed, thinking the worst of how his body looks right now.

Whale? Genny knows he's not exactly skinny but he isn't obese, he's just a bit over average weight. But a whale?

The boy frowns, tears gathering in his eyes.

He can feel Blue watching him with a sad face as they continue running, students passing them.

Cameron also runs past the brunette, staring down at him. He would help him, take his arm and lead him, but he doesn't want to. For an unknown reason, he likes seeing the boy struggling, red, and barely on his feet.

It's amusing. Cameron has a small smirk on his face as he continues doing his laps, and each time he passes Genny, the boy's condition gets worse and worse to Cameron's enjoyment.

Cameron finishes his last lap with ease, sighing as he walks to the benches where a few other students that also finished are sitting.

He looks back at the field as he wipes his forehead with a towel and then slings it over his broad shoulder. Genny is still on the field, running next to that blond boy. They look dead sincerely.

Cameron sits down on the bench in front of the bench where Josh and his little group are sitting. Andy is a few feet away, watching the people left on the tracks.

Cameron can hear Josh's words, their chuckles and insults. Mostly jokes about a girl with big breast running and a few other kids left behind. Cameron tries to ignore them. Until he hears Geno's name.

They're only whispers behind laughter, so the only words Cameron can understand are 'ass', 'cunt', 'r*pe', 'fat', 'homo'. The dark-haired boy rolls his eyes, disgusted, not even wanting to think about what they're talking about.

His fists clench and his face darkens, strands of dark hair falling over his threatening eyes as he continues listening.

"Bro like tie him down and take turns." A whisper is heard, followed by some shuffles, and then another sentence. "Fucking f*g, I would so rap-"