As Khushi stood shivering with cold, he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her thin kurta was stuck to her like a second skin. As water ran in tiny little rivulets down her face, a few strands of her hair stuck to her forehead and cheeks and a few droplets settled on her lush lips drawing his attention to them. The next moment she had taken a step back making him look into her eyes.

It was the look in them – something akin to fear that made him turn around and walk away as fast as his legs could take him.

Arnav sat at the breakfast table sipping his coffee, while Naniji ate her breakfast.

'Akash seems to be recovering well.' He had visited Akash just before coming down for breakfast. His heart had gone out to his brother, seeing him in such a helpless state. He and Akash had been close when they were children but the parents' animosity had taken a toll on their relationship and it had grown distant over the years. They had hardly communicated with each other in the last few years.

'The doctor says he will be alright in a month or so.'

'I guess Payal is having tough time, taking care of an ill husband and a six month old at the same time.'

'That is exactly why Khushi moved in with us.' Nani said. 'She helps in the cooking and takes care of Ashu as much as she can.'

'Nani?' Arnav hesitated. 'Do you think it was a good idea for me to look into AR's issues? He is not going to like it when he recovers and finds me here.'

'Well, it doesn't matter whether he likes it or not,' Naniji said firmly. 'I wish you hadn't left with your mother all those years ago. Your grandfather's company might not have been in this state today. And my daughter might still be alive.'

'Nani, please ----' Arnav looked up as Khushi came down the stairs. She wore a beautiful dark pink anarkali suit with a purple and silver border, the cut emphasising her tiny waist and the flare of her hips. Her braided hair fell like a rope down one of her breast. She looked more beautiful than ever.

'Where is everyone?' he asked Naniji trying to distract himself.

'NK left yesterday night.' She informed him. 'NK lives in an apartment in Gurgaon, close to his office.

'The rest in this household eat breakfast a little late.'

'What about Di?'

'Anjali and damadji left along with NK. They will come and stay with us for a few days as soon your jeejaji winds up with some work. You and Anjali should be able to spend some time with each other. She wants to talk to you about something important.'

Khushi sat down on the other side of Naniji, across from him and loaded her plate with a couple of idilis.'I am done with breakfast,' Arnav said getting up quickly. 'I have a quick ten minute call which I will take outside. I would appreciate it if you can quickly finish breakfast and bring Akash's laptop with you.'

'I already did,' she said reaching for the cup of tea. 'I will see you outside.'

A few minutes later, Arnav drove on the familiar roads of Delhi, the city he was born and brought up in. There was quite a bit of traffic on the road, with cyclists, two wheelers and cars trying to manoeuvre their way through the crowded roads, in spite of the availability of the Metro. It didn't help that Delhi had its share of tourists trying to visit the historical city for its famous monuments.

Though he was familiar with the AR's location, he had to take Khushi's help in the last few turns, not having visited the office in a long time.

'We could have had Mohanji drive us.' Khushi said.