Shukaku tells a tale

Start from the beginning

"So it's either capture me or kill me if I am captured by the other faction?" Naruto laughs, it edges on hysteria. 

"Why are you doing this? Why are you an Assassin? Why aren't you obeying your Master and just capturing me?"

Itachi smiles wryly, "I joined the organization because your father ordered me to."

"So you're the Hokage's spy..." 

"No. I am not."

Naruto eyes grow wide and he asked in disbelief, "What, you joined them and got taken in by their cause?" Not that there was anything wrong with the Assassins' cause. If Tsunade had been right then the Assassins' were necessary for the survival of non-shinobi villages. But that couldn't have been completely true. Either they deviated from their original goal or capturing him might be part of some other plan... Naruto had a hunch that it was no noble plan.

Itachi opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted by a series of sharp knocks on the door. Itachi blinks and Naruto watches as the man pulls his hood back on. 

"I mean it Naruto. Stay low, keep moving and avoid any known paths. I'll try to keep the other from finding you for as long as I can."

Then the door opens and another assassin steps inside. The man offers Naruto a familiar smirk and Naruto knows who it is. 

"You!" He says surprised to recognize him as the one that had captured him back in Lightning country, the one that had told him to 'get the hell out of dodge' as he put it.

"Glad to see you took my advice kid." The man said.

"Nova," Itachi calls the man and Naruto stores that name away even knowing its nothing more than a code name.

"Time's up, Taka." Nova says sharply. "We can't stay much longer."

Itachi, Taka, nods.

"Wait Itachi... Which faction are you part of?" Naruto was curious.

"The unknown one." The words are just whispers in the wind and Naruto is left standing alone in the room thinking back to Itachi's earlier words. 

Two known factions hunting him and an unknown one protecting him. None of their reasons known to him.

--Flashback--

Minato looked at the two ninja standing before him, Itachi and Sayuki Uchiha; the Twin Ravens of Konoha. Both of them had just lost their entire family tonight. He succeeded in not showing any of his turmoil outward.

This evening wasn't supposed to end like this. The mission had been straightforward. All the rebelling Uchiha faction was supposed to be at the left wing of the compound. It was decided to execute them and the twins had offered themselves to do the job. Kill them and stage an enemy attack but the supposed enemy attack actually happened.

By the time the twins had arrived, there were only three Uchiha left alive including them. The third being their younger brother.

Now he was supposed to use these grieving children as his tools for the next plan. Minato hated this but what's done must be done.

After tonight, Sayuki Uchiha would be framed as a psychopathic kin-slayer and Itachi Uchiha would be officially dead.

Minato silently handed them a file each. 

One containing all they knew about the Akatsuki and another containing all they knew about the Assassins, both files depressingly thin and full of just rumors and speculations.