surprisingly friendly

The lights flickered on, there stood a tall man staring down at the girl.
Silence filled the house, words failed to leave the girls lips... until..

"So are you gonna break the ice or...?"  The man spoke awkwardly.

The girl blinked, and looked at him confused. "Aren't you... gonna.. Like, kill me?" 

The man laughed a small bit " now why would you think that?"

"Well, with all the horror movies and-" She got cut off by the man's laughter.

"You actually believe in all that? Demons and all?"

The girl, feeling rather embarrassed changed the subject. "So who are you anyway?"

"I'm Simon, and you are?"

"..I'm Jaimee."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet ya kid, tell me" he continues, "what brings you to my house in the middle of the night?" 

"Well I.." the girl started, then stopped, not exactly knowing the answer herself. "I got lost." She concluded.

"Ah yes, of course you did, well, you can spend the night here if you'd like, and don't worry" he paused for a moment, "I don't bite." And with that, Simon walks off into one of the many rooms.

Jaimee took a moment to look around the house. The house had wooden floors that seemed to be newly polished, couches that look like they haven't been touched for years, there was a coat hanger, a rug near the door. She walked over to the kitchen, there were knifes, pots and pans, a huge refrigerator. Jaimee looked inside it, yet there wasn't any thing in there. No food, no water, nothing. She looked at the fruit bowl, the fruit was fake.
"Did he.. just buy this house?" She mumbled to herself, then again, she had no right to search through someone's house, espically after they offered her to stay the night. "Jeez what am I doing.. It's late, I should just.. sleep"
Jaimee walks over to the leather black couch and lays down on it, and before she knew it, she was out cold.  

-morning, 6 A.M-

Simon was awake and sitting at the dinner table, with Jaimee's bag. /So you just happen to appear at my door step? Just out of the blue, and you don't even care to remember my name..?/ He laughs to himself as he continues to mumble. He pulls out the ruined map, /No, you knew exactly where you were going. So then why.../ he looks over to Jaimee who's still sleeping on the couch. He shrugs and shoves the map back in, "it doesn't matter" he started mumbling to himself as he dug into her bag. "As long as you have what I want..." 

"What are you doing?" Jaimee spoke with a groggy voice, she just woke up.
Simon jumped, he thought she was still out cold. "I uh.. nothing, just making sure you weren't here to kill me"
Jaimee yawns, "that's fair.. just, give me my bag.."
Simon sighed and reluctantly walked over to her and tossed Jaimee her bag. She catches it.
"What's the big deal.. You didn't have to throw it at me, I don't even know you.." She sighed, zipping up her bag.
Simon looked at Jaimee slightly shocked, she looks at him confused.
"What..? Am I supposed to know you? Are you some big shot that everyone knows..?" She gets up, holding her back pack somewhat defensively.
/did she... forget..? Eh, who cares, just means I have a clean slate again./
"A big shot? Well I guess you could say that" he laughed nervously.

".....right...well, I'm gonna go now.. thanks for letting me stay.. so uh... see ya around?" Jaimee walks out the door, closing it behind her, she walks down the steps and let's out a sigh. "What a weirdo..." 

She stepped onto the dead grass and stops in her tracks. "What in the..." She looked around to see all the grass surrounding the house was dead, a rotten stench tainted the once fresh air. Jaimee instantly covered her nose. "Where is that horrible smell coming from?!" She looks around to see no birds, no deer, nothing. No living creatures, "what in the bloody Hell..." She runs back up the steps to the house and knocks on the door. "Maybe he knows what's going on"

No answer

"Come on open the door!"

Still, no answer.

Jaimee opens the door to see the house completely empty. "......okay that's um... kinda creepy.." She slowly walks back out of the house and runs down the steps and into the forest. "I aint dying in a haunted house, not today Satan, not todayyyyyyy!" 

---
40 minutes later 

Jaimee stopped running about 20 minutes ago, she's walking at a reasonable pace.
"Ugh, I'm never gonna find the-"

The sound of a car driving by can be heard.
Her face lights up and turns to where the noise was coming from, and jut like that, she found it.

"Finally! I found the main road!"