Dad came up, asking me if everything was alright, if I had a fight with Chris or Lucy.

I lied straight to his face and said that everything was fine. I walk to my closet and take out some pajamas.

I need a shower.

Yeah, that's exactly what I need. When I'm walking to the bathroom, shouting to mom and dad that I'll be taking a shower, I think about the night when I ran into Vincenzo in the kitchen. He said that he needed a cold shower to relax. Right now, I can't come up with a good reason as to why a cold shower would be relaxing.

Shaking my head, I enter the bathroom and put my pajamas on the sink. I turn on the shower and while the water is warming up, I strip out of my clothes.

Pulling my hair out of the messy bun, I brush it first before I walk in my naked state to the shower. Stretching my hand, I carefully feel the temperature of the water and feel that it's good.

Satisfied with the warmth, I enter the shower stall and let the warm water fall over my body.

Instantly, my muscles relax and the ache in my back – from curling up the whole afternoon and crying my eyeballs out – disappears.

My hair starts clinging to my forehead and it begins to feel sticky.

Grabbing the shampoo, I squeeze some on my hand before I start massaging it in my hair. The scent of strawberries fills the bathroom, and before I know it, my hair is completely washed and clean. Now grabbing the body wash, I grab the loofah and squeeze some on it.

I wash my body, washing every inch of it. I enjoy the warm water cascading down my back, and make the mistake of closing my eyes.

Because the moment my eyelids flutter close, I instantly imagine Vincenzo here with me. I can almost hear his voice whispering my name in my ear.

I can feel his fingertips graze over my skin. I know that if Vincenzo would be here, he would skim his hands over my body and push me against the tiles of the shower stall. 

He would kiss my neck, and while doing that he would grab my leg and wrap it around his waist. A tiny whimper leaves my mouth at the thought of his large hands roaming over my body, groping my breasts or my ass. His mouth would travel down, to my chest and lower.

And then I would have his mouth right where I ache the most, and my fingers would be fisting his hair. My hips would buck against him and his name would leave my mouth repeatedly. 

A knock on the door wakes me up from my imagination, and I blush a bright red even though I know the person behind the door doesn't know what I was thinking just now. I quickly step out of the shower stall and grab a towel.

It's probably mom who needs something from the bathroom. "Just a minute mom!" I yell and dry myself. On what feels like super speed, I pull on my panties and bra. I yank my silky bathrobe from the toilet that I got for Christmas from my aunt and put it on. I tie a knot and go to the door.

"I'm sorry that it took so long," I say and look her in the eyes. She smiles.

"It's alright sweetheart. I know that when you occupy the bathroom it usually takes an hour for you to finish," she chuckles. I laugh.

"It certainly takes more than an hour."

She chuckles and shakes her head. "We have a guest, so that's why I came up to tell you if you run into him, you shouldn't freak out like you did when uncle Liam came over," mom chuckles. I frown. "Who comes this late in the evening?" I ask her with a frown. "Vincenzo," she says and smiles unknowingly.

My heart drops. "W-what?" I ask.

"Yeah, he came by because he needed to discuss some business with dad. They're in his study right now," mom explains. I nod, my throat suddenly dry.

"Well then, I'll be in my room," I say and without other words, I basically run to my room and lock myself in.

What is he doing here?

And why is he here? Who does he think he is by showing up at my house this late in the evening?

Shaking my head in disbelief, I walk to my window and close the curtains.

Muttering under my breath in anger, I walk to my mirror and start brushing my hair before I pull it up in a bun.

"Unbelievable, that guy," I murmur and start preparing my bed for later. Because I'm a bit bored, I start cleaning up my desk and after that I start rearranging my closet.

The moment I'm done with everything and grab a book, I hear a knock on my bedroom-door. I lay my book on my bed and walk to the door to open it.

When I open the door, my eyes meet those dark ones.

"Hello, gattina."