Ch-2 To Each Their Own

##NOTE:- Trigger Warning

This chapter talks about suicide, please use caution while reading. Please seek help, I'm always available on chat. I'll add a ### when it reaches that point in case you want to skip the part.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alvie always wondered what her days would be like if she didn't work with BigHit Pvt. Ltd., she was pretty sure that she would never meet her two best friends, nor would she be able to leave behind the life she was desperate to forget. Most importantly she wouldn't be able to understand and find herself. She was proud of the woman she was and she would go through the hard phase of her life again and again if it meant living the way she did right now, in the company of the people she truly loved.

"Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound"

Her hands closed around Kathy's and Porsh's, holding on tight, letting them know that she was there with them and they squeezed her grip in return. Like, true friends, they knew exactly what Alvie was feeling. Sometimes, they communicated without words, just a look at her face was enough, just a glace, and the walls stood high. Walls of protection, Porsh and Kathy were fierce friends and sometimes they made sure to let her know that she could fall back on them. Something that she struggled with. On days when she was alone in the office and Porsh and Cathy were out fixing deals and bringing clients, she felt quite lost. It wasn't like she didn't like her work and had any less work than them, but that overwhelming feeling of being alone had staggering effects on her self-confidence. She would often curl in herself when she fell asleep- forever in fear of the next day that would bring in more doubts. And on most such days, Kathy would curl up beside her, soothing her hair and letting her know that night will soon be over, bringing in sleep and never leaving her side till the dawn broke through the horizon. Porsh would take her out on her bike and they'll stop by Sipha Bay, letting the sand swallow their feet and the water wash away their fears. All three would have dinner together, like family.

"I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can't forget
To pull me back to the ground again"

Family, Kathy swayed with the soul-consuming music, she let the song slip her lips like her dream slipping through her fingers. Everyday was a challenge for Kathy to not give up what she was doing in pursuit of what she wanted to do, really wanted to do.

She squeezed her friend's hands, lifting them in air and swaying with the song. Matching the crescendos perfectly and bobbing her head to the beat, the song flew her to a different part of the world, a different time, a different life, she wanted to run away from her past, of constant fear of looking over her shoulders to see if her past her followed her back into her safety cocoon, into her home where she could breathe peacefully. Kathy was a big face in the corporate industry but if she even blinked in the wrong direction, she'd be all over the newspaper making headlines and losing everything she had built in the past 8 years of her life. And even though it was enough to bring anyone to their knees, Kathy felt a transcendent calm and happiness blanket over her at this moment. She let herself revel in the music singing along with one of the world's biggest artists, an absolute killer seat for the three of them to enjoy one of the biggest concerts of the year and she was not missing out on a single second.

So what did it matter if she couldn't sing ever again, Alvie and Porsh were her biggest fans, Bang MD too, she thought belatedly. She thanked the heavens for the amazing people she had surrounded herself with. Escaping the toxic past that still haunted her dreams, was the greatest gift she could ask for and she made it a point to be grateful every single day. She was determined in that way, Kathy never let her guard down and she never regretted what life had offered her, she only knew how to move forward and her friends were the constants, her family, that cheered her on every single second, away from the hellfire of her past.