"Uh, I don't think so,"

Before anyone could say another word, the family were cut off by the ringing of the doorbell. Thea glanced up from her nails, knowing they weren't expecting any more guests, "Are we expecting anyone else, Grandma?"

Emily shrugged, attempting to hide the smug smile that was threatening to creep onto her face.
Thea pulled herself from the sofa, moving silently through the corridors. Emily's recent hire breezed into the foyer just as Thea rounded the corner. The brunette gently waved away the new woman, stepping over to the heavy wooden door and pulling it open. The figure on the doorstep turned around just as the wooden door was pulled open.

"Congrats on the top three percent," Alec smiled, a light pink gift box and two bouquets of flowers in his hands. One bouquet of various shades of pink peonies and a second bouquet of gladiolus.

"What are you doing here?" Thea asked, the shock evident on her face.

"Your Grandma invited me to your celebration dinner,"

"Oh yes, we're very jazzed about this three percent thing in this house," Thea stepped aside, letting the Harrington into the house.

Alec strode over the threshold, softly kissing Thea's cheek before handing over the gift box and the bouquet of peonies. Thea wrapped her delicate fingers around the offering, leading Alec towards the dining room, where the rest of her family were seated.

"Grandma, Grandpa, Alec has arrived," Thea announced as the teens stepped into the living room.

Richard jumped to his feet, moving over to greet the boy at once. Emily moved over to the boy as well, a bright smile on her face.

"For you, Mrs Gilmore," Alec smiled offering the bouquet of gladiolus to the woman.

"Oh Alec, they're beautiful," Emily beamed accepting the flowers before proceeding to call her current maid into the living room, "Antonia, please take these flowers into the kitchen."

Antonia nodded taking the bouquets from Emily and Thea before silently leaving the room once more. Thea and Alec sat on the empty sofa, giving Emily a chance to spot the pink glittery gift box in her granddaughter's hand.

"A gift as well? How sweet Alexender," Emily smiled, nudging Thea to open the gift box.

Thea smiled as all attention was focused on her as she lifted the lid off the gift box and pulled out the soft pink tissue paper to reveal a dusty pink camera, "Alec, this is amazing, thank you so much."

Alec smiled as Thea throw her arms around him and pulled him into a tight hug, under her mother's wary gaze.

"Who's that?" Lorelai whispered to Rory, her blue eyes focusing on the Harrington, who was emerged in a conversation with Richard and Thea.

"Alexander Harrington, he and Thea have a bit of a thing going on. She attended the formal with him," Rory explained before turning her attention back to Dean and her grandmother.

• • • • • • •

"Antonia, please bring out the Twinkies,"
Emily called out, as Lorelai and Rory giggled at the choice of dessert.