things that go bump in the night - 8

Start from the beginning

Is this jealousy?

Feitan's thoughts weren't the best, alongside clear images of you in a bathtub, he was trying his best not to get angry at Hisoka flirting with you. He doubted you'd even give Hisoka a chance, but why was he even angry in the first place?

She's just annoying. I don't have feelings for her.

"Thanks, I'm flattered, but Chrollo is a weird guy." You try your best to ignore his flirtatious comments, but deciding to play along might make this go by faster.

"Weird?" Hisoka questions.

"He thinks I'm so powerful somehow. I'm a drag, and you'll come to find that soon enough when all I can do is barely use my nen at the right time then be shit out of luck the rest of the time." You reply.

"Whatever Chrollo thinks he's got his hands on, he clearly doesn't see the bigger picture. I might be strong, but that's when I'm fully energized and I've got a clear mind. I can't just summon nen from dead users and use it twenty-four seven." You lay back on your bed and look at the ceiling.

"So has he made a mistake taking you in?" Hisoka stepped closer, and your body was pulled up with some unknown force.

Using gyo, you focused your aura in your eyes and noticed the large pink strands attached to your body at different points, including your wrists, abdomen, and ankles.

"What the fuck is this?" You asked, pulling at it.

"It's our countermeasure to make sure you stay right where we want you. It's my Bungee Gum." Hisoka chuckles, pulling you up toward him more.

"It's been attached to me this whole time?"

"It has." Hisoka smiles and pats your head. You release your aura and return back to resting, the strands of Hisoka's nen fading away as your gyo dissipated.

"All I'm saying is Chrollo is overestimating how powerful I am." You reply coldly before turning away from Hisoka.

"You're such a feisty spirit, I'd love to break you down." Hisoka whispered, his amber eyes glaring at Feitan, whose back was turned to where you and Hisoka were.

"Just go." You mumbled, looking down at your lap.

Hisoka trotted out of the room and closed the door, leaving you and Feitan alone. You sighed and laid back against the pillows and crawled under the blankets.

"Did you know about that?" You asked Feitan, his body still turned away from you. You awaited his response.

"Yes." Feitan replied, staring at his hands, two hands balled in fists gripping his pants. He was angry.

"Oh." Emotions swirled around in your head. You turned away from him and faced the wall. You wanted to cry, run away, and just be left alone. But you truly were trapped.

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

Your head shot up from the plush pillows. The quiet had been disturbed by thumps and the sounds of moving and talking. You looked over to see Feitan asleep, sprawled out, somehow taking up most of the bed.

You tiptoed out to go see what all the noise was.

The bedroom where Phinks and Hisoka were sleeping was just as quiet, and the door was shut too.

There was nothing in the living room or kitchen or bathroom. The entire place was just how you'd seen it last.

The sound of the door opening startled you. The clicking of a keycard sliding through plus the turning of the handle meant someone had just gone out and was returning.