[Chapter 2]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uraraka i-is a very bubbly person, u-um, Momo i-" he suddenly stops as I press a finger onto his lips.

"Midoriya, you're avoiding the question from earlier: who do you think is the prettiest here in Class 1-A?" I say as I remove my finger and let his face cool off again.

"....W-Well, y-you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyoka Jiro POV:

I blinked twice, feeling not only my cheeks lighting up with a soft shade of crimson, but my earjacks were squirming around nervously on each side of my head.

"Um... well then. You're clearly blind-" I look away from Broccoli Head embarrassed as my left hand shoves his face away.

"H-Hey! I'm not blind or lying!" I hear Midoriya muffle into my hand. I subconsciously thought about how surprisingly soft his face was-

"Jiro, you need to stop touching him-" I quickly thought while my eyes went back to the shy boys face, yanking my hand away from him.
"Whatever man, you can tell me the truth you know-" I spoke as I looked at him seriously, winding a earjack around a finger slowly.

Midoriya closed his eyes and bowed down to his knees in front of me. After taking a couple of breaths, he said, "Kyoka Jiro, I wasn't lying. As embarrassing as this for me to say, you have..."

He paused for a second before taking a swallow and spoke again.
"You have not only a double-faced personality, but your Quirk is unique just like you-"

I stared down at his fluffy head and smirked a bit before thinking about what he said.
"He didn't even stutter once..." I thought.
"What do you mean "double-faced"?" I said, letting a tinge of annoyance leak out as I crossed my arms.

He quickly jerked his head up and instantly reverted back to his stuttering, shy, embarrassed self.
"I-I meant double-sided as in a part of your personality is cool and relaxed, and y-your other side has a s-secret deep care for heroes, music, and your close friends."

He continued trying to make up and reason what he meant by what he said, all the while I just stood there with an amused expression as some blush dusted my pale cheeks.

I place one of my earjacks on his shoulder and gave him a slight jolt, making him shut up and look at me. "Sorry, I was ranting again-" he muttered as he stood up and rubbed the back of his neck.

I gave him a quick punch to his shoulder, surprising him.
"Um, w-what was that fo-" he was saying, but I cut him off by wrapping my arms around him, hugging his noticably ripped torso as well as noticing our slight height difference.

"Thanks for what you said Midoriya, it means a bunch to me." I said as I squeezed him softly. I giggled to myself as I felt Midoriya's body warm up in embarrassment.

I finally let go of him and looked up at his face, trying to keep my laugh inside; his face was practically frozen in shock and embarrassment. I gave him a slight nudge with my shoulder as I stood up and started to head for the roof exit.

"C'mon, the others are probs waiting for you," I said. I turned around and looked at him, watching as he shook off his trance and quickly followed me inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and him made our way to the cafeteria, both of us staying stiffly silent for most of the way back.

"Does he actually like the way I look?" my thoughts said, causing doubt to cloud out what Midoriya told me beforehand.

"Maybe he only said what he said because he didn't want to hurt my feelings," my doubts said to me as I glanced ahead of me, watching as his messy hair ruffled a bit whenever he took a step.
"He would be the one to do that, you know that right?"