5 | Thunder And Lightning

Y/N

_

"WELL THAT doesn't look good," Sadie sighed, "does it?"

To answer that question, no it did not look good. I had my sweater wrapped tightly around my shoulders, watching the rain crash down onto the ground like a waterfall. No one expected it to rain, and yet here it was, pouring.

"That's Vancouver weather for ya'," Niall called out from a seat behind me, "it'll be pouring all night."

"Seriously?" I frowned, "we have a flight in 20 minutes!"

"If I could change the weather, I would."

I groaned, slumping into the navy blue airport seat, my head tilting to look at the ceiling. I had a show tomorrow morning, Jane already took a flight ahead of ours, and now I was overwhelmed with worry.

If my flight was canceled, I'd be in huge trouble.

"You're in huge trouble," Harry said, walking down the row with an orange juice bottle in his hand, "I just got a text from Jane."

"What did she say?" I sighed.

"That you were supposed to be in Chicago an hour ago."

"Did you tell her our flight was delayed?"

"Doesn't change the fact that you're here," the boy said, pointing at the ground, "and not there."

"Frick this," muttered under my breath, glancing back out the window.

The sky was already starting to darken into a sickly purple shade, as if it was taunting me with the clouds. Clouds, that looked so huge, they would pop and spill hours of rain into the city.

"I don't want to be the one to bring it up," Harry continued, staring at his phone, "but I'm going to bring it up anyways."

"What?"

"I'm searching Google, and it looks like rain won't stop the plane from flying."

"Why is that bad?" I frowned, "we need to be in Chicago as soon as possible."

"It's bad, because it means we'll be leaving after all," he said, "so it looks like your little fling with that record shop boy is over."

I rolled my eyes, turning to look back out the window again. I never really thought of it that way, and maybe I was purposely trying not to. I didn't want to remember that I was really leaving until it was impossible to come back. at least until the tour was over, and by then, I'd probably forget.

"It wasn't a fling," I said, "and his name is Finn."

"Record shop boy," Niall added, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Shut up, Niall," Sadie scoffed, walking over to me, "we all liked him, so stop trying to tease [y/n]."

I cocked a brow, "you all liked him?"

"He's cute, but not in that way," Harry added, "we just think he was a better match for you."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, come on," Niall jumped in, "he's so much better than that lifeguard at the hotel pool in Florida."

"Or the roadie for that one band at Coachella," Harry mumbled.

"Can you guys not do this?" I sighed, "please?"

"Do what?"

"Compare Finn to every other guy I flirted with! He's not a fling, and he's not someone I flirted with to pass the time."

"Then what was he?" Sadie pressed.

I hate these questions.

I had my fair share of my privacy being invaded, I just didn't think it would be from my bandmates. Whenever I spent more than an hour talking to a guy, they'd just tease me for a few minutes. Yet, it's been almost two days, and they haven't given up.

But I meant what I said. Finn wasn't someone I flirted with to pass the time. I didn't know how to describe it... but he's almost like---

"Holy crap!" Niall yelled, his voice among the rest of the terrified people around us, "did you just see that?"

Everyone's head's whipped to look outside, where the sky was now illuminated by streaks of lights. It wasn't just one, it was more than I could count. The sky was covered in thunder and lightning.

"That's bad," Sadie muttered under her breath, "really bad."

"Bad enough to cancel a plane," Harry said, staring at his phone, "it's too dangerous to fly in that weather."

I slumped back into my chair, trying to figure out what to say. If the plane was canceled, I'd miss my show in Chicago. Jane was already about to climb through my phone to strangle me, I'm pretty sure.

As if it wasn't bad enough to remind me, the speakers around the airport crackled to life, someone's husky voice echoing out into the space.

"Due to the bad weather," they announced, "all flights are unfit to take flight. Please make your way to your airline dock, and we will provide you with temporary shelter for the night."

"The night?" I squeaked out, "can't we just wait for the storm to pass?"

"It's not going to pass," Harry stated, flipping his phone around to show me, "it's going to rain till tomorrow evening."

"What?"

"Worst storm Vancouver's seen in 7 years," he said, "isn't that coincidental?"

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my suitcase, "let's just book a hotel for now."

"I'd rethink that," Sadie said, pointing in front of me.

At our terminal, a huge crowd of people were mobbed around our airline, all yelling for their own hotel room. It was like the crowds at my concert: loud, massive, and slightly aggressive.

"We can wait till that mess is cleared," Niall said, "but all the rooms would be booked by then."

Sadie sighed, "so what should we do?"

I collapsed back into my seat, shoving my hands into the pockets of my sweater. It was chilly. As my fingers grazed against the cotton lining, I felt a sharp point hit the back of my knuckle. Narrowing my eyes in curiosity, I pulled out a tiny slip of paper, the faint marks of pencil on the back.

And then I remembered.

"If you're ever in Vancouver again," Finn said, "you're always more than welcome to stay with me."

He gave me his address on the back of a sticky-note, but I didn't think I'd actually need it. I assumed I'd just have it to remember him by.

Turning my head, I saw my bandmates arguing with each other about what they should do, their arms flailing wildly. Clearing my throat, I caught their attention for a moment.

"Get your suitcases," I said, smiling, "I think I know a place."