The rest of the day was spent with my son becoming the spitting image of myself... maybe even better.

************

~Braiden~

Years later [final time lapse]

I stalked through the house and listened to the terrified breathing of the panicked woman. As if she could hide from me. I found it so amusing that I stood outside of her closet and tried to keep from laughing. I finally decided to get it over with and go home. I snatched the door open to her on the ground, huddled in fear. She let out a classic horror movie scream right before I swung my single axe down upon her, splitting her head in two. Some brain matter leaked out onto the floor and I sighed in frustration. "Damn it. That's coming out of my grade, isn't it?" I turned to Slenderman as he shook his head. I growled in frustration and gripped my hair. Child, it takes a great deal of patience before one can reach a higher level of approval. Do you believe Jeffrey started as a wonderful killer? Slenderman questioned me. I looked at my feet. "No sir. It's just...I want to get to the point where it doesn't matter how messy I make the crime scene." I explained. It had taken me two years to get to the point where I could even go out and kill. Digit, patience is a virtue. Now go home because Im sure Toby and Clockwork have waited on dinner for you. Slendy ruffles my hair and teleported out of the room.

I sighed and walked out of the house, dragging my bloody axe through the snow. I drug it far up north until I reached a road. Then I cleaned it off and turned toward east to go home.

extra points for the blood trail that should throw the police off any further evidence.

Eventually I made it through the door and was bombarded with kisses. Typical mom. "Braiden, how did it go?" Dad shouted, tripping over his foot and landing face first on the living room carpet. Typical Dad. I chuckled and told them about the night. We ate dinner and I went upstairs in hopes that i would soon be able to go on a killing spree with them: as a family. Just as I laid in my bed there was a sound of a pebble tapping on my glass. I smiled in excitement knowing exactly who it was. I quickly went over to the window and opened it quietly, listening all the while just in case my parents were still up. "Hey Digit. I brought the soda." Nina's face lit up when she plopped on my bed. I never expected to be this close to her whenever I had first met her a year or two ago. Now we were such good friends that we can sneak around to each others places and eat snacks while watching cheap horror movies on TV.

Of course life has a very funny way of changing people...

I first realized this fact about a month or two ago whenever I became increasingly nervous around her. She just seems to have changed so much in the two years I've known her. I've noticed the prettier aspects of her. Nina's smile, laugh, playful glares, and pouts just seem to have driven me crazy now a days. It's OK for a friend to say 'she's fucking beautiful'.

"Somebody is quiet tonight." Nina joked, pulling me from my thoughts. I chuckled nervously and looked over to her. "Uh...u-uhh. I was..." I fumbled over my words making her burst into laugher. I quickly put my hand over her mouth. "Chill Nina! Do you want my parents to hear us?" I asked in a sort of whisper yell. She licked my palm making me quickly draw my hand back. She giggled quietly and ruffled my chocolate hair. "Calm down Digit, you're 18. You're technically a grown man." She smirked.

Even her smirk was nice.

I shook off these thoughts about my best friend and quickly pushed her to roll under my bed. Moments later, there was a knock on my door. Without warning, mom came in with a confused look on her face. "Braiden, is there someone here? I could've swore I heard some talking. " She looked around curiously. I chuckled nervously and hugged her as she looked at the snack trash Nina and I left on the bed. "Uh...are you sure honey?" She tilted her head while looking at the half finished foods. I smiled widely and beckoned for her to leave. "Yes mom, don't be insane. Goodnight." She nodded and kissed my forhead before leaving upstairs. I reached under the bed and helped Nina up. She chuckled under her breath and I playfully punched her.

Afterwards, we finished snacking and movies. I did like we always do and locked my door. I made room for her under the blankets and fell asleep next to my best friend, feeling for the first time ever...unsure?

A little later on when the morning had come, I groaned and slowly turned over to see Nina crawling out of the bedroom window. I smiled and she returned it with a wink. This was our normal routine anyway, but this time I couldn't shake that feeling she gave me. It's like our friendship is changing! The worst part of it is...

I don't know if I like it or hate it.

I sat up and stretched, shaking the confusion from my head. I stood up and went to my closet to find clothes for today as the sun began rising quickly. I wish Nina had stayed to watch it with me. I sighed and walked into the bathroom, showering quickly and coning downstairs to see my weird parents. The reason why I call them that is...well...

"Braiden, look at this color. Is it like a charcoal grey or a pitch black?" My dad said as he shoved his freshly painted nails in my face. Mom put away the wet brush and started trying to dry her nails by blowing on them. I squinted in confusion at the scene in front of me. Lots of the pastas always bragged about how great my parents are at killing, but it's a little too hard to see that now. "First of all: why the h**l are your nails painted? Second of all: they look black." I pointed at it with slight disgust. Dad smirked while my mom piped up. "Braiden Connor Rogers, watch your mouth." She stated before continuing to dry her nails.

"If you're wondering why, it's because we were selected for our first stealth mission instead of Hoodie and Mask this month. Black everything helps with stealth Braiden, always remember that. " Dad smiled with a goofy look. I chuckled and went to make some breakfast.

Whenever I went to eat in the living room, they went upstairs to pack. This actually brought a smile to my face. The whole house to myself for a month. But of course my stomach got those d**n butterflies because Nina came into mind. This obviously meant we had the house alone. In fact...my stomach started at butterflies and now churned. The sick feeling became more and more violent until the point of me wanting to vomit. I quickly sprang up and went to the bathroom, letting my stomach acid spill from my esophagus. I finished and groaned while wiping the remnants from my face. There was a soft knock on the bathroom door. I quickly sprung up, closed the toilet, and sat there casually. "Come in."

My mom entered the bathroom wearing a thin black sweater and black skinny jeans. She hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek. "Are you OK? You seem a little pale...well, paler than usual." Mom joked a little. I chuckled while she ruffled my hair. "Yes mom, Im not a little kid anymore." I whined slightly as she tried to clean my nose.

She wouldn't touch my face if she knew I just puked up my whole breakfast.

I pushed her away before she hugged me tightly and attacked the top of my head with kisses. "Be good to Slenderman sweetheart. Pay attention to his instructions and take care of the house while we're gone." She pulled away and kissed my nose.

"EMERGENCY NUMBERS ON THE FRIDGE!" Dad stated in the distance. Mom shook her head while I laughed, knowing there were no numbers there. "Be good and stay away from trouble." Mom stated. Within minutes, I finally had the house to myself. I went back into the living room and instantly felt woozy again. I felt it intensify and lowered sporadically while I moved around the living room to clean.

I realized the feeling got extremely horrible when I reached for my old childhood blanket that lay between the couch cushions.