𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟗

Start from the beginning

"And you don't care that she could tell her sister, and she could tell every housewife in the state?" I teased and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well not really actually...I'm leaving anyway" he said and my perplexed expression made him grit his teeth.

"L-Like you're going back to college for the semester or..."

"No I'm, leaving. I sorta got a job as a skateboard coach and I thought I'd be good at it, it's out of state," he replied.

"Wait but there are plenty of schools in San Diego for that right?" I asked instinctually.

"Yeah, I know." He sounded casual with his smile but his eyes held in so much aching. Of course he didn't want to stick around, he wanted that fresh new start out of the fatherly shadow he made for himself. And he probably didn't want me as a reminder of what he could have but missed out. 'Cause bitch I finally know I'm kind of a catch now.

"What about - what about your Mom?" I asked and I was surprised at the second wave of emotion that came over me. I had spent so much of my recent life hating this guy, but he was still a part of it. And he was just ready to go and I wasn't expecting it.

"She told me she's gonna be okay, like I'll be back for holidays and stuff but the college thing wasn't working for me anyway, I have some friends up there who are letting me stay over till I get on my feet" he continued and I was giving him an exaggerated nod. I couldn't tell if I was happy or sad about this.

"Come on you cannot be sad about this, if you're sad about me leaving, me and Blaire are judging you so hard" he joked and I let out a loud laugh and shook my head. I mean he wasn't wrong.

"Shut the fuck up it's kinda the end of an era, a shitty, painful one but still," I retorted and we chuckled, "but...just as long as you're sure about this and you're going to be better...and happy" I advised. I didn't want him to leave for what happened between us and then regret it later; this had to be for him.

"I need new people and experiences - the whole 'new city new me' bullshit. To do something I actually care about and not just sit around here and wallow in my Daddy issues, trust me we both need this" he said and I had to laugh at his Daddy issues remark with him.

"Okay well, the job sounds perfect for you, I mean because of you Angelo has now mastered an Ollie...I think" I said with shrugged shoulders and he let me know that was correct.

"Yeah, he's a good kid, I had a lot of fun with him - even if it was to see you before and after the lesson in the beginning" he confessed again and I rolled my eyes. At least he was self aware of how much of a dick he was being.

"So that's it huh, you're leaving for good - when's it happening?" I asked casually, but the hesitance on his face made me grow nervous.

"Um, Saturday night" he replied and my eyes widened before I turned offended.

"That's - no - you can't leave the night of my stupid Waltz Disney Ball, Baskeyfield!" I protested with crossed arms. I don't know, after all of the effort I had been putting in, especially the last few days to distract me from Josh, I needed everyone I knew to be there and see it.

"Come on Addie you would barely even see me, it's your night you'd be too busy running the damn thing with Gwen and Mom and - having fun with Josh" he finally admitted and I tilted my head with a frown.

I didn't want to just come out and say that me and Josh were pretty much over before we even began, it wasn't something I wanted to use to get Jordan to attend the ball. This night just meant a lot to me and we had been talking about it for months and I knew he'd have fun.