Chapter One : Joining The Show.

A Freak Show.

          That's where he took them, where he left them,  and rode off with a large amount of cash in his back pocket.  Was he happy now? was he glad now? his farm was saved while he ditched his own children  to become side attraction to society to stare at in disgust ?  Life of a freak was such a cruel reality, it didn' t know it's limits, its confliction of endless pain it could cause people wouldn't stop until  it's too late to even go back. 

          Walking into the headmaster's tent, Forest kept a tight grip on little Bella's hand, holding her close so they wouldn't get separated, so no harm would come to her darling little sister. Forest didn't trust the place, it didn't look like any kind of place for freaks or humans alike. Standing upon an empty stage, a jolly man in a uniform consisting the colors of black, white, red, and brown was smoking a cheap cigar. Having his hair combed back, one could only assume he was the boss of the place.  " ye' girls the freaks i was promised?" the man spoke up in a thick southern accent. Having his eyes a dark brown hues befall upon the two of them. 

           "i'm afraid so, yes we is."  Forest replied with a slight hesitation before pulling her sister behind her. " come up here and let me get a good look at cha' " he said, remaining in his position as he took a mighty fine drag of the toxic smelling cigar.  It didn't seem like he bought that they were freaks due to the cover up and bandages, so to prove themselves Forest lead the young child along side her up onto the moderately large stage with the lights shining down upon their heads.   Observing the two wih squinted eyes, the male tapped his cigar lightly, letting the ash fall off the side of the stage as he had the two stand before him. 

   " so you two are freaks hmm?" he questioned as he looked over them. "y-yes sir we is, but i prefer you call us gir's instead of freaks if it ain't much trouble-"  "Show me." he said cutting her off in mid sentence.  "i-i beg your pardon?" Forest said feeling her body tense up slightly at the request.  "prove me, show me that you are what we call ' freaks' ." he said losing some patience.  Bitting her bottom lip, she looked down to her side at her younger sibling and took a deep breathe. "Bella Bee, i'm gonna remove your bandages okay? were going to show the nice man we are who we are okay?" she said in a soft-spoken tone of voice to not startle her.  Hesitant, Bella rolled up her shirt sleeve and pant leg to allow the older female to remove the well wrapped bandages. 

          Watching the two, he had a faint smirk slowly come onto his features when he saw the scaly skin on the child. ' the human lizard?'  ' no, no maybe the scaly orphan' he thought as he tried to think of  a stage name for her, quiet amused to see he got one freak so far, but next to prove themselves was Forest.  " Alright, now your turn my dear, show me what ye'are." he said firmly as he crossed his arms over his jolly and fat belly.  Bella certainly didn't like that. An old man, looking at her sister baring herself to show proof of what she was.  it was disgusting! or well... in her own opinion it was.  being an overly protective younger sibling, she felt the need to worry for her.  But, of course she had to stand by when forest gave her the motion to move away a little. 

   Upon allowing Bella to give her space, she slowly began to undo the apron on her dress, removing it and setting it aside as she had her back turned to him. It was horrifying for her to show her body to someone she hardly knew. But, if it kept them well and safe, she might as well show off.  After setting aside the unneeded apron, she began to undo the buttons on her dress, allowing the upper half to slid off and down her shoulders as the feathery wings began to show folded up with a tie around them to keep them bound together.  

           It was amazing, magnificent, she was a artistic perfection. An angel, an actual angel!  This would surely draw a crowd, a full house!  the ringmaster was in utter awe when she pulled off the tie and allowed her wings to spread out and free.  She was a true sight for sore eyes, a sparkling star that screamed money and fame. Clearing his throat as he pulled is cigar from his lips he walked over to them, chuckling faintly. "My, My did your daddy get ripped off~" he said with such pleasure.  It was finally his big break, to get two hard-working girls become his greatest treasures certainly made his day.